Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • segond fracture?
  • anagallis_arvensis

Just received a copy of a letter between Dr’s about my knackered knee (crashed 3 weeks ago). Seeing dr again on tuesday so can get more details then but does anyone know what this suggests “no indication of a posterolateral corner injury on dial test”. “had increased Lachmans test and otherwise his knee was stable to varus and valgus stressing with no pain”
    “review of his x-ray suggests a possible Segond fracture”

gogg
    Free Member

LMGTFY, it suggests that you have possible one of these

IANAD

gogg
    Free Member

The Segond fracture has been shown by more recent research to relate also to the insertion of the iliotibial tract (ITT) and the anterior oblique band (AOB), a ligamentous attachment of the fibular collateral ligament (FCL), to the midportion of the lateral tibia. (Roberts CC, Towers JD, Spangehl MJ et-al. Advanced MR imaging of the cruciate ligaments. Radiol. Clin. North Am. 2007;45 (6): 1003-16, vi-vii.)

Hope you’re better soon!
    😉

anagallis_arvensis

I’m interested in what it means not what it is thats why I said what does it suggest? Obviously in your rush to be a smart arse the subtleties of the language were missed.

Pigface
    Free Member

Does having a baddy knee make you lose your sense of humour? 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Yes. Empatically yes… Now **** off. 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

😆

gogg
    Free Member

Well if I was being a real smart*rse it suggests you have a sore knee and should see a doctor.

Sorry slow day stuck at home with the kids means that I’m also having an empathy bypass today, but I did wish you a speedy recovery.

X

PS I’m also keeping it near the top for you in case someone with some medical knowledge comes along….

anagallis_arvensis

Bump

cloudnine
    Free Member

Your muscles are so gnar they may have pulled your bone in two!

anagallis_arvensis

My knee hurts. Any drs in the house?

wwaswas

Any drs in the house

there are but they’re under strict instructions to offer nothign but the most general advice and observations on the internet now so you may not get the sort of detail that you’re after.

D0NK

there are but they’re under strict instructions to offer nothign but the most general advice and observations on the internet

sauce?

anagallis_arvensis

HP please

anagallis_arvensis

So I had an athroscopy today. Had a lateral menisectomy and general washout/debridement. In addition they diagnosed a ruptured acl and lateral menical tear.

theotherjonv

What does that mean?

footflaps

What does that mean?

His knee hurts.

anagallis_arvensis

What he said!
    menisectomy means they cut some cartilage off, debridement is triming other bits of cartilage. Snapped my acl and damaged the menical ligament too which may mean an acl recronstruction will be more needed as the knee may be too unstable. Have to wait and see on that. The good news is the knee is much straighter already.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘segond fracture?’ is closed to new replies.