Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Seen any Bargain merino Tops in the Sales?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I am looking for some new merino tops as my Howies have given up after 3 years of abuse.

Looking for a LS Baselayer and a midlayer. Considering buying from Howies again as I got so long out of previous tops but just wondered if anyone had spotted good deals in shops/net etc?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I got a mid weight top from Mountain Warehouse in edinburgh, bit basic, just a zip and doesn't have a high neck but was only £29 and I have worn it on 3 rides in the last ten days and been nice and warm.

fivespot
    Free Member

Fat Face do them in long and short, virtualy identical to Howies and just as good. Got mine from Cheshire Oaks outlet for £12, reduced from about £40 I think.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Aldi had some. £14 or so for tops, and the same for bottoms. My local Aldi had one pair of XL LJ's left. The material was pretty good. A very light weight merino very much like the lightest Icebreaker kit.

Cotswold has North Face zipped tops and LJ's in the sale. I have a pair of LJ's and they are nice.

My personal fave is Embers Merino. http://www.embersmerino.com/

A few bits and bobs in the sale.

cxi
    Free Member

I've just got another SmartWool N2S Zip top from Cotswold – £25. Ace bits of kit.

jond
    Free Member

Blacks in Kingston (dahn sarf) were doing a "buy one, get one half price" thing just before Chistmas on their 'Technicals' stuff (own brand or 'exclusive to Blacks' at, any rate) – I'm wearing one of these at the mo':
    http://www.blacks.co.uk/product/071109.html

Must admit I dunno how it compares to other merino stuff, but at 30 quid I though I'd give it a try (the OH's got the other one) – I tend to wear base layers rather than wooly jumpers.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I also decided to give the Aldi stuff a go as, at £15 each for tops and longs, the seemed worth the gamble. Not used them out yet but the material feels nice.

chakaping
    Free Member

Did you try TK Maxx already? They had a large selection including Patagonia and Marmot when I last looked. Got my wife one for £10.

tang
    Free Member

smartwool from cotswold outdoors £21-£25 instore, seemed to have a better selection than online. very nice cut.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up, just ordered 2 smartwool tops from Cotswold!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Seen any Bargain merino Tops in the Sales?’ is closed to new replies.