Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Seen a cheap Cervelo? 17 bikes stolen!
  • TiRed

You might have seen this already

Other teams offered their spare bikes for the day’s racing. Looks like those half price frames will be actively bought up by Garmin Cervelo.

nikxl
    Free Member

€250000 euros for 16 s5’s running old di2 or ultegra di2. If I was their insurers I’d want a word.

sputnik
    Free Member

Some funny comments , bottom of page.

“I’m sure they tossed the frames. It’s the DA Di2 and Mavic wheels they’re after.”
    “That darn Armstrong. Those poor boys testify against him and then he steals their bikes.”

Shibboleth
    Free Member

A few of them ride Project Californias… They’re around £8k for frame and forks. Build one of those with 3T Ltd and Dura Ace with Cosmics and you’re heading towards £15k per bike. Plus 60 pairs of wheels AND tools?

I’d say €250,000 could be quite a conservative estimate…

nikxl
    Free Member

You think they pay retail?

nikxl
    Free Member

As for the comment about tossing the frames well with no warranty on a cervelo you might as well.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

You think they pay retail?

No, but they’ll need replacing. That’s how insurance works. Doesn’t matter if they got them all for free, they’re an asset of the team and as such would be insured for a full replacement value.

It’s not the responsibility of the sponsors to refurnish them with a full compliment of bikes and equipment!

no warranty on a cervelo you might as well.

My R5 comes with a lifetime warranty! And Cervélo are one of the best for honouring warranty issues. But then, I didn’t steal it.

nikxl
    Free Member

They get lots of practice they should be good at it

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Obviously a hater nikxi, a bit envious of people that can ride such lovely bikes perhaps? 😉

nikxl
    Free Member

Yes very much so. My Raleigh arena is looking pretty shabby these days

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Seen a cheap Cervelo? 17 bikes stolen!’ is closed to new replies.