• This topic has 46 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Seems to be a lot of people bottling Keider 100!
  • postierich
    Free Member

Thursday night ride/pub meet up there were 4 out of our group not doing the ride anymore,various pitiful excuses but its £50 **** quid 😯 I would ride whatever.

anyone else wimping out 😉

miketually
    Free Member

I think last year 250 entered but only 200 started.

rOcKeTdOg

i recon midlandtrailquest graham will win it

firestarter
    Free Member

take midlandtrailquestsgraham with you rich 😉

mrmo
    Free Member

i am entered but have been moving so no chance of doing it.

firestarter
    Free Member

damn beaten to it by rocketdog 😉

MrSparkle

Bottlers. I wouldn't have missed it and I got a free entry last year!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Not bottling it, though I do have The Fear, knowing what to expect from last year and knowing that I haven't done the same mileage in preparation this year.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Yep I entered and kept quiet about it in case of jinkzing my high risk goal.

Last Friday I had a big off and broke bones in both arms whilst training/practicing. Was going okish up to that point. 75 miles off road for my long ride each week during the last month. Still it's a wimpish excuse I know. Bike bits fubar so thats my official excuse.

Next year though you better watch out! 😉

Oh – the very best of luck to everyone who has the balls to actually overcome the inevitable setbacks and still make the start line! I'd be there to clap you on. But it would be a quiet clap from the double slinger me 🙁

Chevin
    Free Member

I haven't done enough miles, but quite looking forward to it now.

Matthew

rOcKeTdOg

I'm doing the Keilder 100, where's this Keider thing taking place?

Strangelove
    Free Member

Well I dont really fancy an 800 mile round trip just to fail to make the first cut off
    Basically a couple of crashes earlier in the year knocked the desire out of me, although my injuries were any where near as bad as Coulda's, no training happened.

flatfish
    Free Member

try putting kielder into you tw*tnav instead of keilder. 🙄

igm

Was hoping for a finish, now with current level of fitness just hoping to get past the first cut off. And I'm still waiting for my wheels, so maybe that should be hoping to start.

Any which way – not bottling.

See you there – I'll be the slow one (or the runner if the bike don't get sorted)

colnagokid

me, no suitable bike (thats my excuse), got a refund £46 or something
    will forever hang my head in shame :mrgreen:

trail_rat
    Free Member

work sent me to africa for 2 months – not to worry – shiny new bike and a wodge of wonga in the savings pot for house deposit – second year ive not done kielder – moved house this time last year !

luked2
    Free Member

It's only a bike ride – how hard can it actually be!

I think the worst part is going to be actually getting there – it's a long way from anywhere!

terrahawk
    Free Member

it's going to be brilliant.

warton
    Free Member

luked2 its an hour from newcastle.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I think the worst part is going to be actually getting there

I'd hazard a guess that the drive there and back will be the easy part.

sofatester
    Free Member

I'd hazard a guess that the drive there and back will be the easy part.

Not if you have to go anywhere near the M25/M1/A1 it wont be!

warton
    Free Member

quickest way to get to kielder via A1. Turn off at a696, stay on that till otterburn, turn left, go over A68, next right, follow the signs from there.

going A69 – A68 is a right carry on, A69 – wall, wark etc is just as bad

wors

I'm going to do it next year when i have a decent race bike.

sofatester
    Free Member

You don't live near London do you 😆

warton
    Free Member

I'm going to win next year, sub 5 hours. thats a fact.

colnagokid

Can I be the first to say…Im not going to do it next year? 😀

ton

i was gonna do it………….but got talked into a weeks offroad tour of the highlands.

one wins……….you decide 😉

Andy

And I took the big mans ticket…..

but now cant do it as have a new member to the Andy household; a rescue dog, called Sky, who cant be left for more than a couple of hours at the moment.

Awww its a bummer of a reason not to do the K100

EDIT Sounds like you have the lucky ticket Tony, you get a week in the highlands, and I get a lovely dog. Anyone want it?

johnduke
    Free Member

I haven't done enough training(as I got a reserve place last minute), don't have a particularly ideal bike, have just lost my job, and definitely have 'The Fear' but isn't that part of the fun, I will be there without question and I WILL FINISH!!

colnagokid

He's gonr to bed

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

ton – I'm doing Kielder followed by a weeks off road tour of the Glentress/Innerleithen area. Sometimes you need to think out of the box.

Trekster

broken and bruised hand here 😥 Do not try punching Dalbeattie granite whilst still holding onto bars and putting your full(15st)weight on it 👿
    weekend away with grandkids as a substitute 😆

nodrog2
    Free Member

I know of at least 2 from the north east that have entered but won't be doing it, one a regular on here.

luked2
    Free Member

Seems like rule #5 applies here.

http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules/

postierich
    Free Member

Quality Rules

Rule 51:
    Livestrong wristbands are cockrings for your arms. You may as well get “tryhard ****” tattooed on your forehead.

willsimmons
    Free Member

What is happening to the entries for the bottlers? Wasn't the race sold out pretty quickly? Sounds like a lot of people who would MTFU and compete might not have gotten the chance after the STW arms race to secure an entry that I watched unfold some time ago.

johnduke
    Free Member

they were trying to reallocate places from people who dropped out, that's how I got in but I guess it's probably not feasible to be doing it right up to the last minute.

boxelder

I'm doing the Keilder 100, where's this Keider thing taking place?

Fail

I've had to get a refund due to injury. Gutted. Aw well, the refund was nice (and unexpected) and there's next year.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

Im doing it, i got a free bike to do it, since then ive trained, got ill, not trained, trained a bit, got hit by a car, trained a little, still in pain,still not fit, still doing it, and i will finish, its not about the £50……

as Chopper said………HTFU

postierich
    Free Member

Anyone got any camping booked and not going? forgot to book anythng and looking @ the map and probably a bit cheeky to park on the road in Keilder village(in a van).

Unable to open the pdfs on the keilder site.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Seems to be a lot of people bottling Keider 100!’ is closed to new replies.