Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Seems like it's a bit cold over there in England?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

I forgot what mud looks like…

Drac

Where’s the hills?

yossarian
    Free Member

Yeah it’s cold. But as practical and capable islanders we take all the excesses of a changeable marine climate in our stride.

That looks like the isle of Sheppey

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah I’m all for strides. Just my stride was a huge one to the other side of the world. It’s Western Australia.

The hills are behind me. 😀

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I dont know where you got the idea it was cold from, maybe a deluded relative, I rode into work in my mankini this morning, the bright colour did scare the deer a little but its toastie here in Blighty.

binners

Its bloody freezing!!! But this means the porridge-like filth we’ve been riding through all year is firming up nicely. Long, off-road route home for me tonight….

Every cloud, eh? 😀

matt_outandabout

Is with Binners on this. Kids have two days of ‘teacher training’ off school, so we are heading off up a mountain with sledges and bivvy bags today 8)

Drac

Looks lovely I was close to giving it a go in Oz a good few years ago, sometimes regret it but I do love blighty.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

28c over on the south island….

That’s a scorcher for me

aphex_2k
    Free Member

You anywhere near Dunedin?

stumpy01

Ah, yes. WA. Nothing like driving for hours & ending up looking at more sand….

I would do a winking smiley, but it’s a pain on my phone.

The water looks nice.

Already seen one car in a ditch this morning on a sharp bend. People not driving to the conditions….wonder if winter tyres would have stopped it happening….

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I love it. From land-locked Wolverhampton to my own little paradise.

SaxonRider

The cold makes you feel alive. And more manly.

zippykona

Watch out for the shark.
    Im the worlds biggest fan of Australia. When I was younger I had the opportunity to live there. Sometimes I wish I had but it just wasn’t home.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

“The” shark?

rewski
    Free Member

That’s not Australia, the sea should be red 😉

It’s made me feel warmer just looking at that pic, thank you.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

SaxonRider – Member
    The cold makes you feel alive. And more manly.

I find riding in 35c + is also quite a challenge!

corroded
    Free Member

It was 38C in Melbourne today. So work got some ice lollies in and we started on the chilled beers at 3pm.

I miss bluebells and wild garlic and chalk streams but I don’t miss mud at all.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

Looks great to me! Wasn’t cold enough last night when we went out, but tonight is looking good for frozen solid trails. Trying to enjoy the Scottish mud while I can as we move to Melbourne in 6 weeks. 🙂

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

38? Thats a bit chilly. It broke 48C again today here.

Im just waiting for it to drop below 40C so I can go and drag my way through some sand and pea gravel…

Scenery is nice though.

Bear
    Free Member

looks like the isle of Sheppey – brilliant!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I remember the coast ride aphex was a good way to spend an afternoon. Glad I have the tamer climate over here in Launceston

legend
    Free Member

38? Thats a bit chilly. It broke 48C again today here.

Carbonz de-bond at 42 😉

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Carbonz de-bond at 42

Better bloody not. Though I thought I was going to de-bond when it hit 50C the other day!

theflatboy
    Free Member

My sister lives in Perth. My sister-in-law lives in Melbourne. Both are nice places for a holiday. Neither they, nor anywhere else I’ve visited in Australia, has persuaded me that I don’t prefer living where I live.

Enjoy the sun, I’m looking forward to a nice cold bike ride home later. 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

@ one_happy_hippy – is that elvis in the clouds?

tonyd

My toes were a bit cold by the time I got to work this morning.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Seems like it's a bit cold over there in England?’ is closed to new replies.