Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • seeking 29er advice
  • Ceebug
    Free Member

I’m looking for advice. I’m just under 6’5″ and think I’ve never had a bike that fitted properly. I currently have a XL trek Fuel EX9 which is fine but I’m thinking about changing to a 29er full sus. I would like to avoid any more proprietary shocks (like the DRCV units I have at the moment) if possible. I like the look of the type of 29er coming out with slack angles and short travel and would prefer 1×11 gears, shimano brakes, a Pike and dropper post. I would like a long and low frame with good stand over and plenty of clearance for mud and big tyres. I’m looking for something off the shelf. My list of options so far is:

Kona Process 111
    Whyte T-129 Works SCR
    Transition Smuggler

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I am aware that there’s nothing wrong with my fuel EX but I just feel a bit cramped on it and have found the DRCV’s to be somewhat unreliable.

Thanks…

weeksy

Commencal am29

docrobster
    Free Member
    sillyoldman

Codeine is way too short for someone feeling cramped on an XL EX.

Shackleton

Ison are supposedly doing full Banshee Phantom builds. They rock by the way (in no way biased by owning one……).

roverpig

The Whyte looks great on paper, but I’m not sure anybody has ride none yet or if the SCR model is any less likely to crack than the current (rather crack prone) T129.

Might be worth considering the Orange Segment too

chopchop
    Free Member

You’re welcome to try out my xl Yeti SB95 if you’re anywhere near S Wales?

Edit: I see you are in Scotland! I’d recommend the yeti though, fits me like a glove at 6’4

Ceebug
    Free Member

Ok, interesting to hear that the current T-129 is crack-prone. Is the SB95 long? If so I guess its a possibility but I think that it may be to pricey. I can’t find any info about Banshee builds…. The Kona looks pretty good and has a decent warranty…. Too soon for any info on the Transition.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘seeking 29er advice’ is closed to new replies.