Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Seeing over crowds at TdF final
  • MrSparkle

I’m a bit worried me and Mrs Sparkle won’t be able to see owt over 8 deep crowds on Champs Elysees. I’m buggered if I’m carting a pair of steps all round Paris though.
    So, I knocked this up at work. Three bit of, ahem, scrap mdf, cut to size and with slots in.

They slot together like this:

giving a solid platform to stand on. It’s about a foot or so high and is fairly like for lugging round in my rucsack.

Probably doomed to failure but hey ho. 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Looks like some kind of new-fangled pipe bomb to me.
    I’m sure the French police aren’t prone to overreacting though.

D0NK

Chapeau that’s ingenious! doubt I’d have thought of that, but then I don’t need to 😉 necessity mother of invention and all that.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Smile sweetly and get lifted on to the back of a parked press bike? Worked for Munqe Chick at the Morzine finish when Floyd Landis infamously won… 8)

onewheelgood

Last year, we just got up very early and bagged a place where we could see. It was a long hot wait, but worth it!

swavis

I thought it was going to involve two mirrors when I saw the pic 😉

robdob
    Free Member

The corner bits where they slot together already look a bit bent – could you redo it with the slits nearer the centre of each board? Might be stronger

allthepies
    Free Member

Looks like an ankle breaker!

brakes
    Free Member

have you considered uneven ground? maybe take some of the wood out between the three corners so it’s more like legs than flat sides.
    also, it needs decorating – preferably with slogans like “howdya like yer steak Bertie?” or something witty.

MrSparkle

It is a lot stronger than it looks. And neither me nor the Mrs are biffers so I reckon it should be ok. Doubt it’ll get decorated with owt as it’ll be in a Parisian bin by midnight Sunday! ;0)

brakes
    Free Member

I know, you should paint them like Masai shields. Froome would love that.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Seating has already been put up on about 50% of the Champs….not sure how much further up it’s going to go, you may struggle to find a spot though!

TooTall
    Free Member

Is this the sort of stuff that little people do in their spare time?

Well I never. 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Seeing over crowds at TdF final’ is closed to new replies.