Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • See this is why people are fat…
  • zilog6128

This evening, we’re having pie (mine’s a chicken, mrs deadly’s is a veggie), crinkle cut chips and baked beans. It would take us **** ages to prepare that from fresh ingredients.

Why not try your hand at cooking simpler meals until you build up some confidence in the kitchen. Maybe something that doesn’t sound like it’s come from Wetherspoons? HTH 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why not try your hand at cooking simpler meals until you build up some confidence in the kitchen.

Hear that sound? Waaayyyyyyy above your head? It’s miles up there. It’s going “whoosh”. Can you hear it?

jfletch
    Free Member

This evening, we’re having pie (mine’s a chicken, mrs deadly’s is a veggie), crinkle cut chips and baked beans. It would take us **** ages to prepare that from fresh ingredients.

The other day I had Pasta with tuna, anchovies and capers in a tomato sauce. I made it in the time it takes to cook a pan of pasta.

Home cooking is more about figuring out easy, quick, cheap and tasty things to make. Not trying to make the things that housewives with all day and 10% of the ingredients we have now used to make years ago.

(Tonight I had a Tesco steak pie with microwaved baked beans. yummy!)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

(Tonight I had a Tesco steak pie with microwaved baked beans. yummy!)

I made a pie once. I did buy the pastry first. Still took me **** ages. This home cooking lark – takes too much time. A pie a few times a week isn’t much harm. I’ll have grilled salmon and salad tomorrow to make up for tonight.

miketually
    Free Member

Tonight’s tea was chicken breasts stuffed with cheese, chilli and coriander. We had it with a tray of roasted veg (peppers, courgettes and red onions) and a tray of roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes.

From scratch, like every night.

miketually
    Free Member

*deleted because I thought better of it*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That sounds nice. I’ll have a look in M&S on the way home tomorrow and see if they do anything similar. I know they do ready to roast potatoes. They’ll probably do something similar to the chicken.

miketually
    Free Member

They do ready peeled satsumas, don’t they? That’d make a nice pudding.

(We had apple crumble with natural yoghurt.)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They do ready peeled satsumas, don’t they? That’d make a nice pudding.

I normally go for the tinned ones tbh. They last a few days longer in the fridge.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘See this is why people are fat…’ is closed to new replies.