Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sedbergh based rides
  • Pook

Other than the Sedbergh- Ravenstonedale loop, what else is there nearby?

Pook

None then?

danposs86

There are a few bridleways that you can go out and explore, have you looked at the OS layer on Bing maps?

For a short ride I have been up Holme Knott (via the Dalesway that goes up from Millthrop). Many routes and options to do on the Howgills, depending on how many times you want to go up (if you don’t mind getting cheeky). Also a few good bridleways around Barbondale and Deepdale.

whitestone
    Free Member

There’s one that heads toward Dent and back:

follow road past school and cross river, about 100 metres further on turn left (almost back on yourself) then right on to stony track. Follow this over the hill to join narrow farm track, turn right and down to road. Straight across down narrow bridleway to cross river (bridge if water high). Turn left on road and follow to Dent. Turn R and go up hill towards Barbon, once over summit take track to L and follow this. After a couple of Km there’s a BW that drops in to Dent either take this (steep, greasy and rocky) down to the village or carry on for the “full experience” of Foul Moss. In the latter case turn L when you get to the road and return to Dent.

From Dent take the road back towards Sedbergh and just after you cross the river take the third lane on the right (there’s a distance marker to Sedbergh here) go up this lane avoiding turning in to private lanes until you run out of tarmac at a farm. Go left to a barn then R in front of this to pass through a series of gates. Continue on track as it works its way upwards to come out on to open land. Follow wall as it continues to climb to gate on summit ridge. Turn left and follow vague track to better track which leads to gate and road back to Sedbergh.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I remember a route we did a couple of times – parked in Sedbergh and went onto tops of How gills, along and back down a different way – great ride and not long (like the classic loop).

Email me if you want me to dig out the exact route…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sedbergh based rides’ is closed to new replies.