Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Security
  • Merak

Specifically garage security. Shant bore you with details, save for its an up and over door single garage.

I do plan something better in future like an audible, hidden alarm.

I really need to come up with something in the meantime though. I seem to remember a thread on here ages ago in which the issue was covered. I’m sure it mentioned that as soon as security was visible the garage was broken into.

Im keen to avoid this, having spent a while creating a man cave. Can you recommend a discreet method of securing my garage in the meantime?

Really looking for feedback from folk that have come up with their own ideas. Im not sure where to start.

jota180
    Free Member

If you have a side door to the garage, secure the up and over with internal bolts top and bottom

project
    Free Member

Up and over doors are the least secure, easily bent or forced, reinforce the back of door with steel tubular bar.

Mortice locks to side frames,

Secure the roof, and windows, curtains on windows along with bars,

security lights,

Baby alarm if connected to mains and hiden, you can listen in ,

Covert cctv, so cheap now, http://www.cpc.co.uk

wall or floor anchors,

and lots more, but if they know your bikes are in there and they want them they WILL get in, avoid cleaning the bike outside if seen from the road, avoid leaving bike on car outside, or in car, dont advertise on any forum what bikes you have, even just putting up pictures, as its an incvite for someone to nick them.

Merak

No, just the up and over. Thats the only bit I have to worry about.

andyrm
    Free Member

Here’s what you want:

http://www.allcocksoutdoorstore.co.uk/store/product/8134/Alarm-Gun-to-Fire-12-gauge-Alarm-Blanks/

Few of these in a confined space should do the trick. Double bonus – not only do you get alerted, but you also have the added benefit of perforating the burglar’s eardrums too. Sweet! 🙂

Merak

Ha, I would dearly love that one Andy, proximity to neighbours means its a no go though.

Cheers for the input folks, its kickstarted my brain.

andyrm
    Free Member

I might invest in some and set them up as reverse booby traps for the stickmen in our local woods. Fixed to some logs etc, as soon as they pick them up to try and block the trails BANG!!!

bigG
    Free Member

The challenge you face is making your garage secure, without making it look like fort knox. The more obvious the security the more likely the thieving little scrotes are to target you as you clearly have something worth nicking.

I’d certainly agree with reinforcing the inside of the garage door. May also be worth looking at reinforcing the roof if it’s flat roofed or sheeted as sometimes access is actually easier through the roof than the door.

project
    Free Member

Talking to a fire man a few years ago about puting razor wire in the flat roof void of a garage,he suggested it would be a bad idea as in a fire it will fall down seriously injuring a fire man.

Just pannel it out with plywood or mdf, and lots of insualtion.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Security’ is closed to new replies.