• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by WTF.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Secure parking in Glasgow
  • Smudger666

Anyone know a good secure place to park – I have to get a train to London on Monday lunchtime, returning Tuesday late PM.

Is there parking at the station? I don’t mind paying (it’s on expenses) I just want somewhere secure.

Any help appreciated.

bencooper
    Free Member

Edinburgh 😉

legend
    Free Member

Assuming you’re going from Central then there’s an NCP (or similar) linked into the station. They’ll no doubt bend you over for a day, but if it’s expenses….

EDIT: Details..
    38 Oswald Street
    Glasgow City, Glasgow G1 4PA, United Kingdom
    0845 050 7080

Smudger666

Saw the NCP ones but they are unmanned – Anything more secure? Or are they ok?

bencooper
    Free Member

The NCP one’s pretty secure – there’s a door from the platform into an upper level, but they lock it now I think.

Great on a bike, though – cycle into the station, along the platform, through the door, have great fun spinning down the car park levels, then duck past the barrier at the end 😉

legend
    Free Member

Solid gold car? Otherwise, as bencooper says it’s fine. If you want something else then you’ll be looking at a walk from/to the station instead (and potential closing time issues depending you when you’re coming back). The only ones I can think of that advertise being ‘secure’ are out by the airport

peterfile
    Free Member

The one on Mitchell St is the closest to the station.

maccruiskeen

The one on Mitchell St is the closest to the station.

Quite a palava to get to though, the one way system, bus gate and some new no-right-turns sends you on a wild goose chase, especially if you are approach from the south of the river

coffeeking
    Free Member

Left my cars overnight in the bath street ncp several times, no peons. Usually manned and secured but recently doesn’t seem to have been so, worth checking. Tbh car crime in Glasgow seems pretty low compatriot other places I’ve lived

bigG
    Free Member

Mitchell St is very easy to get to, extraordinarily expensive and pretty secure. As secure as any multistorey is to be honest.

If your car is soooo special, just get a taxi to the station (on expenses).

sniff
    Free Member
    Smudger666

Chaps, all good advice – thanks.

The car isn’t solid gold, just a soda superb, all I wanted was not to worry about it – am thinking Mitchell street. I.ll be heading over from fife and didn’t want drama at 10pm at night, an hours drive from home.

br
    Free Member

Train it from Fife?

falkirk-mark

Or train it from Larbert not a secure car park but plenty big and car not likely to be touched

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

peterfile
    Free Member

Quite a palava to get to though, the one way system, bus gate and some new no-right-turns sends you on a wild goose chase, especially if you are approach from the south of the river

It’s a doddle to get to if you’re coming off the motorway though (e.g M8)

legend
    Free Member

Tbh car crime in Glasgow seems pretty low compatriot other places I’ve lived

Thinking about it, Glasgow does actually seem quite good for car crime (luckily Paisley isn’t part of Glasgow). In my 31 years on this planet I know one person who’s had their car stolen, and even that was way out in the suburbs

WTF
    Free Member

For what it is worth the only time I have had a car broken into was the Oswald St. NCP carpark.

HTH

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Secure parking in Glasgow’ is closed to new replies.