Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Secure Bike Storage units
  • jimmy

Anyone got or seen one these? Considering one to put in the basement garage of our flats after a load of bikes got nicked.

http://www.trimetals.co.uk/bicycle-storage.php

Seem to be highly rated by mags and wotnot, just looking for any tales of joy / woe.

theflatboy
    Free Member

haven’t used one, but looking at them they look pretty solid and difficult to penetrate without making a fair bit of noise.

jimmy

yeah thats what I figure. As long as it can be easily secured to the ground should be fine. Found this, too on ebay. Looks the same guff but £100 cheaper with their apparent discount.

ventana_craig
    Free Member

Got one.
    Well made.
    5 seprate locking points (Extra I think).
    Will take 2 mountain bikes and 1 road bike.
    Needs holes drilling in the floor to secure it to the ground.

jimmy

craig – do you have one made my the top company?

cinnamon_girl

Yes, I used to have one and sold it on here when it was no longer needed.

Was seriously impressed with the quality but rather disappointed I was totally incapable of assembling it myself 😳

As well as 3 bikes I was able to put other bits and pieces in there too like a Dirtworker.

theflatboy
    Free Member

a Dirtworker

is that a lady’s “relaxation” device? 😉

markyd

Think very carefully. If you really do think the bikes are at risk then this is unlikey to help.

It’s only going to be as good as the padlock it’s locked with. Unless you are spending good money on a padlock then it’s no good. Bolt croppers go through cheap padlocks like cheese (or like a chain through a shimano chainring!). 5 locking points means 5x expensive padlocks.

If you do use an expensive padlock they’ll just pry it and tear the metal around the hasp (or cut the hasp as they are only cheap ones)

It is going to be great if you are in a low risk area, are unlikely to have people snooping around, but once they know it is there with bikes in it they’ll be in it with seconds if they want to be.

Good bolt croppers will go through the £60 Abus D locks like cheese.

I bought an Almax series 4 chain and squire strong hold padlock. Not cheap, but if the bikes really are ‘at risk’ then it is about your only chance. Look at the videos on their website if you don’t believe me about bolt croppers)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Secure Bike Storage units’ is closed to new replies.