Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Secure bike storage
  • grahamh
    Free Member

This is the new bike shed that my local residents association is insisting that I store my bikes, rather than inside my flat where they are secure from theft.

Some time last night it was broken into, it hasn’t even been there 24 hours so it was empty. But this shed was defeated with nothing more sophisticated that a Phillips screwdriver. The door held on with 3 screws

I’m not sure if I should laugh or cry.

sobriety
    Free Member

If my RA did that I’d break in myslef, just to prove a point!

Rockdodger
    Free Member

Put the hinges on with bolts with nylock nuts on the inside. Should make it more difficult.

sobriety
    Free Member

Also, lining it with chicken wire, then loft insulation, then more chickenwire makes it a lot harder to cut open.

mrmo
    Free Member

tell them where to go, sorry no wooden shed is worth risking x thousand pound of bikes, and looking at that shed your three (it is three isn’t it) are going to fill most of it.

Brick/steel with ground anchors then start talking.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Tell them fine, as long as they will agree in writing to indemnify you from any loss resulting from a break in.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what Zulu said
    or ask them to store their laptops and phones there as well
    Really is pointless having a wooden shed in a high crime area

Fueled
    Free Member

What does a residents association actually do? Specifically, what authority do they have to insist that you store your bikes in a shed and not your flat?

cynic-al
    Free Member

What a shower.

And what fueled says – if they’ve not got the legals to force you to do this, tell them they can ram it.

Liftman

Line it with chicken wire then electrify the chicken wire

doubledunter
    Free Member

Ive got one of these wouldnt look too good in your back garden though :mrgreen:

20ft_New_Shipping_Container_with_Doors_Open by Doubledunter, on Flickr

T1000
    Free Member

I’ve seen the chicken wire and insulation thing done with an extra layer of sabre wire!

No matter what you do it’s still going to be a wooden shed…..

Friend had a gsxr600 stolen from a shed depite being chained through the bore of an old landrover block….. They took the block as well……

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Secure bike storage’ is closed to new replies.