Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sectors travel increase?
  • ceepers

Random question, can you bump the travel on a Pair of 27.5 140mm RS sektors to 150mm

Increasing travel by 10mm takes 0.5 degree of the head angle right?

It raises the Bb by a tiny bit, does it decrease reach also and by how much?

LoCo
    Free Member

yes you should be able to increase travel, depending on spring system.

HA roughly yes.

bb and reach wise, it’s won’t be enough to cause a huge difference.

ceepers

Thanks

They’re solo air ones, I think “gold rl”

LoCo
    Free Member

There maybe a spacer in the air system that can be removed to extend them, if not you’ll need to change the air spring to a 150mm assembly.
    HTH 😀

ceepers

Ah ok, rough idea of cost?

Thanks!

LoCo
    Free Member

Fairly easy job to remove at home if you’re a happy with spannering.

Check to see if you have a spacer first, you could do a lower leg service at the same time.

Link to service guide: https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/30qlYDaLpePnSINhvNafeYBiGxHFTw7aLv0AT2shzWI/mtime:1445637115/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen0000000004923_rev_b_sektor_recon_30_gold_30_silver_service_manual.pdf

ceepers

Brilliant,. Thank you!

ceepers

Hi

So I followed the manual, took out the spacer and the forks now sit at 150mm

Result, except I just went for a test ride and only got 125 travel out of them on a descent I’d normally have expected to get the fork to bottom out at 140mm where it was previously set.

Did I cock something obvious up?

dvatcmark
    Free Member

At a longer travel you might need less air pressure. The did I cock it up question is easily answered by letting all the air out and checking if the fork compresses all the way down

ceepers

Thanks

So with all the air out and my weight on it, it compresses down to the fork crown – full travel. If I take my weight off it, it rises back up about 20mm very slowly

Is that right?

Maybe I just rode especially smooth and light today?

dvatcmark
    Free Member

I would try another ride with a bit less pressure and see what happens.

ceepers

Will do!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sectors travel increase?’ is closed to new replies.