Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)
  • Second opinion/what should i have done better- helping after an assault
  • Northwind

I started another post earlier but it went waffly, this one keeps doing the same so I’ll keep it simpler, there’s loads of wee things I’d like to talk about but it doesn’t really work… But I didn’t want to seem unappreciative and just stop posting so…

So, thanks for all the input! It’s really helpful. I guess what I started out looking for here, a sort of best practice, just isn’t realistic… There’ll be people on here who’d know exactly what to do but that’s a whole skillset, you can’t just tell people on the internet. The rest of us just have to wing it and do the best you can, and hope it’s enough. I was pretty down on all the bystanders but probably some people wanted to help but didn’t know how, or were scared of making it worse. I’d kind of uncharitably assumed they were all just bellends. Maybe they were just thinking faster and got to the overthinking before I did.

There’s a crisis management workshop they do at work that I’m signed up for now which seems like a good thing, really don’t want to deal with anything like this at work but that’s no reason not to learn more about what to do.

midlifecrashes – Member

Sounds to me like you did great by her, but left yourself wide open if she decided to turn against you or it got misinterpreted when handing over to security.

This is true, it wasn’t in my mind at all at the time but a couple of folk have said it. But then what do you do, to avoid this?

Telling the venue a good idea, though the next show they have on is Frozen On Ice so probably a different crowd! I don’t think there was any shortfall in the security, you can’t really police 5000 people like that… But it’s right to make them aware. Definitely always been the case that a concert is a good place for scumbags to work- dark, close, anonymous, that’s no shock.. And to be fair, lots of innocent/confusable contact too…

@Dez, didn’t actually- I missed a couple of songs and then was a bit spun out but it kind of rebounded a bit with the adrenaline and with getting back into the mobb, so it worked out. Great gig despite it all. Conveniently it all kicked off before a mid-set new-album lull 😆

And the most important question of all,

senor j – Member

Btw how many times has the safety pin opened in your pocket and pricked your finger?

Actually never! But I have totally stabbed myself while attaching them. Safety pins, my ass.

Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Second opinion/what should i have done better- helping after an assault’ is closed to new replies.