Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Second hand MX bikes….where from??
  • david_r
    Free Member

My little 'un recently got a KX60 for his birthday. Agreed with the Mrs when he gets a 'proper' bike I can get one to ride with him. Looking for a 125, KX or CR preferably but I ain't that fussed.

Apart from Ebay, anywhere else I should be looking?

Don't really want to spend more than a grand if I can help it.

Is there a MX equivalent of STW with a classifieds??

Cheers,

Dave.

EDIT: Sorry wrong forum.

bobbyspangles
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Depends how mechanicaly minded you are, £1000 MX bikes are like £300 mountain bikes, probably completely borked, but possible to save them if the main mechanical bits are sound.

Had a go on a CG125 with 35000 miles on it, the myth that 4t hondas will run indefinatley is just that a myth, that thing was completley ****, no power left, clutch slipped in all the gears, etc etc. An MX/enduro bike will be even more abused.

I went to have a look at a few before the weather put paid to my motorbike ambitions before christmass. Seems its best to ask lots of questions. Buying a 15yr old 250cc crosser of a guy in his 40's who rebuilt the entire thing religiously after each race meeting for the past 10 years is an entirely different kettel of fish to buying something owned by a spotty teenager who's only experience of a big end was whilst experimenting behind the bike sheds.

david_r
    Free Member

Depends how mechanicaly minded you are

Me? Rubbish 🙁

The in laws are all very good at this stuff though, so they'll be doing any work that's needed.

tinsy
    Free Member

trails and moto x news…

austen

I just bought an enduro bike from ET James in Rhayader, mid-wales. They usually have a pretty good selection of second hand MX and Enduro bikes of varying age/price and will look out for something for you if you ask. Probably won't sell you a bog of nails though, so may push the price up a bit but at least you won't be buying a dog.

Their website is http://www.etjames-sons.co.uk but doesn't seem to working entirely brilliantly at the moment. Alan is the second-hand bikes guy.

Be warned that there is a bit of a shortage of second hand bikes at the moment as many owners are hanging onto them for another season (financial pressures I guess), if you spot one grab it quick.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Second hand MX bikes….where from??’ is closed to new replies.