Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Second hand guitar prices – wife in shop!
  • nedrapier

and she’s fallen in love with a Martin. They seem to be very tight on controlling RRPs, they’re £539 everywhere online.

Even if they do hold their value really well, £499 seems high for s/h. Mint apart from a small scrape.

Any ideas on what would be a sensible offer?

Thanks!

ojom
    Free Member

So not mint then.

That will be the HPL model I would imagine? It’s nice granted, but she could do way better for that kind of money. I nearly bought one until I picked up a Faith Naked Neptune… saved £200.

nedrapier

No, not mint! Missed the smiley.

000X1EA – Lots of really positive reviews, including from her, most importantly, so I’m sure it’s good for the RRP. She’s paused for the moment anyway. Cheers!

hitman
    Free Member

Martins are expensive but hold their value well. If she’s serious and is likely to play for years then she should hold out/save up for a solid back and sides.

nedrapier

Well she didn’t hold out, it’s now at home. It does sound lovely.

The shop guy threw in a bunch of stuff, took £20 off, then this guy put another £30 on the counter because he wanted her to have it! Most bizarre buying experience she’s had!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdcHpkglN9k[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

Niiiice, wrong guitar but niiiice. 😆

nedrapier

why wrong?

the uke or the Martin?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Da uke, blooming noisy little things 😆

nedrapier

That’s alright then!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Couldn’t you wang a Banjo ?? 😆

Hope you enjoy your Martin, niiiice guitars them.

Influences ??

lodious
    Free Member

Thomann (Germany) http://www.thomann.de/gb/index.html used to do good deals on Martins, it might be worth having a look.

I’d expect to get at least 10% off a new guitar if paying cash, so that’s too much for a shop soiled one. I’d expect more like £425-450.

Worth trawling the online classifieds like GuitarMart and TheFretboard for s/h stuff…you can own some really nice instruments for next to no money if you buy right.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Second hand guitar prices – wife in shop!’ is closed to new replies.