Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • second hand ettiquette dilema?
  • bikerbruce
    Free Member

i sold an item (used wheels) to a chappy,i sent him detailed pictures from all angles etc.He then emails me saying he wants a refund for a part of the price. I agree to it but say in future that he must look closer at the pictures before agreeing to sale.Now he wants a full refund and to return.what should i do as they were advertised as used and i put all cards on the table.
    do i legally have to return?
    Thanks guys
    Bruce

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Let him return them but dont pay the return costs.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

wot super scale says

Why does he want the money back? Whats wrong with them?

sold on here?

Jamie
    Free Member

He then emails me saying he wants a refund for a part of the price

You neglect to say why he requested this….did he not think they were second hand?

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Legally you don't have to as sales by a private seller are not covered by the sale of goods act. He may try to sue you via the small claims court. Of course, what's legal and what's moral are two separate things.

tails
    Free Member

If you gave a correct description and cut no corners in your advert, I'd have told him to do one.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

they have a scratched front hub. which i clearly showed in the pictures,the thing is i wouldnt have minded if he had said straight away but there was a delay saying he wanted to return of 2 days…which made me think.
    when i mean scratch…a scratch on a front lefty hub.The wheels are a class other than that BUT I SHOWED THAT…..
    it wasnt on here elsewhere
    thanks
    Bruce

cynic-al
    Free Member

If you've been candid I'd tell him to ram it.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

i have been nice and refunded….is it a yay or a neigh..

GJP
    Free Member

If it were me I would do what SS 20 and TJ says. I would not refund the postage unless they were not as advertised or damaged on receipt etc. Put it down to experience.

Jamie
    Free Member

As Al says. Tell him to go pleasure himself.

bruneep

post up the pics of the scratched hub

bikerbruce
    Free Member

this is the first thing ive sold when people havent had to send the wow thanks for that email back…
    such is life.

MSP

Sounds likely that he has ridden them for a couple of days and doesn't like them, tell him to fork off.

Junkyard
    Free Member

shows you are a good guy refunding but not refund postage surely you waited to get the wheels first then deduct something for damage see if they like it 😉
    you using the road bike?

epicsteve
    Free Member

In the past I've refunded even when there wasn't a good reason, however:
    – no refund paid until the stuff is back with me
    – no refund of return postage costs

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘second hand ettiquette dilema?’ is closed to new replies.