Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Second Hand Disc Brakes – how much?
  • greasystain
    Free Member

How much would you expect to pay for set of second hand brakes in the classified section?

I’m only asking because I have a friend who I’m trying to encourage to come out and ride more often. I think if I ‘lent’ him a set of disc hoops and he got a pair of proper brakes maybe he’d get a bit more enjoyment out of his bike.

geoffj

£60 for decent juicy 3s

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

for a set

£150 for something new, barely used and mid-top of the range, new XT’s etc

£100 mid range new, or older top of the range

£50-£80 older brakes or low end stuff, C2, juicy 3, deore etc.

greasystain
    Free Member

I think we are talking Deore or Juicy 3.

Thanks guys.

lunge

I got a fine pair of Deore’s for £50 (both ends). They needed a new set of pads but bar that were spot on.

midlifecrashes

There are a pair of Magura Julies on page 2 of the classifieds for £60 right now, good stoppers and easy to work on, easy to get pads and spares.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

yeah ditto to the remarks above £60 for perfectly suitable juicy’s or similar

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Got a set of juicy 5s for sale (on classified last week), front is older black version (2006), newer silver rear brake, both 185mm rotors – good condition, new sintered pads – bled and ready to fit – 70 quid ono the lot.

PS, only issue is they need rotor bolts – very cheap, and they have cosmetic scratches on lever bodies.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

The Shimano Deore LX ones can be had for £60-70 for little used ones. Great brakes, I got a set of XT older style before the latest servo wave ones. I got them for £65 off ebay. Had 3 sets before and like all the last generation Shimano brakes they are so easy to bleed and last years.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Second Hand Disc Brakes – how much?’ is closed to new replies.