Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • second hand carbon
  • munkyboy
    Free Member

pretty soon we will start seeing a bunch of high end carbon frames on the second hand market (bltC, nomadC, etc, etc)

question is would you buy one? i have always felt logically that carbon is clearly as strong as alu, but i would seriously worry if i did not know the history

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

i have always felt logically that carbon is clearly as strong as alu

It’s stronger.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I bought one for a build for my lad. I’d want a huge discount for a used frame (carbon or not) but don’t see carbon any differently than any other material.

andrewh
    Free Member

Not sure.
    Maybe if I asked nicely at the local RAF base I could borrow the x-ray machine to give it a quick check over first. Bit harder if it’s on fleabay or similar.
    (LBS have done this for me before, is it cracked or is it just a big scratch? Quick x-ray, and yes it’s cracked. Top marks to Marin, new Mount Vision Pro arrived 3 weeks later)

Markie
    Free Member

It’s stronger.

To put it a different way (cause it’s a question that I’d really like to be sure about, clear as your answer seems!), would you ever buy a second-hand carbon frame? Or seatpost? Or handlebars? What if they were alu?

I’d like a carbon seatpost and handlebars but have been hesitant to buy second hand…

footflaps

I’ve bought loads of 2nd hand Easton carbon bars and carbon seat posts and never had any problems – used them for years with plenty of abuse.

donsimon
    Free Member

If you’re worried about 2nd hand carbon, have a look here. No need to pay for an expensive sticker.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘second hand carbon’ is closed to new replies.