Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Second hand bikes through cyclescheme?
  • geoffj

Are there any shops that do second hand bikes and cyclescheme – and could you get one through it?

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

HMmm. not sure about this. The schem is definately set up with a view to new bikes, as it gives employers a little more confidence in what they are paying for. I do’nt think there is anything in the guidelines that you can’t, but then I would never advise employers to buy anything other than new, mainly because employees might not necessarily know what to look for in a bike, and they can buy new with more confidence. Also Fair market values are easier to work out at the end of the term with new bikes.

For employers to take up the scheme, it really has to be as simple as possible, and second hand goods tend to complicate the scheme somewhat.

MrFC
    Free Member

Last year purchased my secondhand Trek hardtail through cycle scheme. Its the shop owners decision at the end of the day.

sadexpunk

looks like i can get a bike through this scheme too. can i get cotic, on-one, carver bikes etc through it? or does it have to be local shop? and it says it should be a full bike up to a grand. but can cotic etc fiddle it so you buy just a frame? (obviously they cant supply a full bike for a grand)

I WANT A SINGLESPEED!!!!

sadexpunk

oh, and singular as well. would i be able to buy owt through them? or would i need to ring each shop individally to see if theyre in the scheme?

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

no, under no circumstances never will a bike shop ever supply only a frame. Never. No. (yes)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Second hand bikes through cyclescheme?’ is closed to new replies.