Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Second car insurance
  • JulianA
    Free Member

I’m thinking about a second car just for fun – maybe a 2.6 Audi Cabrio or a Porsche 924/944. Maximum price about £2000.

Adrian Flux’s best quote was about £260 with a £400 excess for the Audi (£1000 price) based on 5000 miles per year maximum.

Seems a bit much for a car that will get such little use compared to just over £300 per year for up to 20000 miles business use on my first car (also an Audi but a bit younger and worth a bit more).

Just wondered if anyone can offer any advice on how to get reasonable cover on a second car?

Awaits flaming for choices of car but hopes for sensible advice!

geoffj

When I looked into this, I just used a price comparison website and put in no no claims bonus as that was on my other car. Adrian Flux, who insure the other car, weren’t competitive on price when I asked them for a quote.

anagallis_arvensis

Seems pretty good to me considering you’ll have zero no claims on the second car.

JulianA
    Free Member

Thanks guys – I’ll try what you suggest, GeoffJ

flip
    Free Member

Aviva honour my full no claims on my pick up i pay £450 for both my vehicles.

This is for business use as well

trail_rat
    Free Member

Phone around , not all will replicate your ncb on a second car- but those that do are invariably cheaper.

I wouldnt use adrian flux to wipe my arse , i only have 2 insurers on my do not use list – they are one – i was warned off them but they were the only ones who would touch my modified frontera – they have been a total chav.

I got down to 150 quid on my land rover as a second car on a classics policy with full replicated ncbs with hargreaves lansdown

JulianA
    Free Member

Thanks again for the replies – much appreciated.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Seems pretty good to me considering you’ll have zero no claims on the second car.

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-PO
    This I don’t get! You’ve proved you’re a safe risk so why only noclaims Bonus on one car?
    I’ve just insured an LPG powered Subaru Legacy import.
    Adrian Flux were the most expensive by over £200.
    Lloyd latchford and A plan were the cheapest,and sounded like they were listening…
    Keith Michaels are one to be avoided too.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’d be a bit wary of the Aviva multi car deal, only because I had a Mondeo Estate and Navara Pickup insured on their multi car deal which gave me a % discount off their individual quotes (I think it was 35%). Only to find that when I told them I sold the Mondeo and only wanted to insure the Navara, it suddenly went down in price for the individual Navara quote and this was with me as the only driver for both vehicles. So, the multi discount appeared to be a bit of a con. ie bump the prices up for the individual quotes, then discount them for the multi deal.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Second car insurance’ is closed to new replies.