Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Seatpost packs
  • mikemorini
    Free Member

Any one use one of these for commuting etc?
    I’m fed up with a backpack for commuting, but don’t want to go as far as a rack and pannier.
    This is the sort of thing I’m thinking of.
    http://www.actionsports.de/en/rixen-und-kaul-klickfix-contour-magnum-black-504

Cheers Mike

andyl
    Free Member

Topeak do some seat post mount ones: http://www.topeak.com/products/Racks

disben

I commute with a Alpkit Koala fitted with a Airlok Xtra – Tapered inside. Its the easiest combination as it means I just have to open the Koala and slide out the Xtra and walk away from the bike (once locked). I have my repair kit and spare tube in a fuel pod behind my stem which means I can just keep my lunch, spare underwear and coat in the Airlok Xtra.

Alpkit Bike Luggage

Cost wise it will work out more expensive than alternatives, but functionality and simplicity it definitely wins – its also light weight and shrinkable when there is less stuff to carry. Of course, also can be used when bike packing!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    benp1

@disben – where do you leave your bike? Is it somewhere safe? Always wondered about it being nicked from the bike (I have a Revelate Viscacha)

I’ve thought about a Carradice SQR Slim or Tour

nedrapier

Dead chuffed with my Carradice SQR tour. Pops off in 1 second, pops on in 2. less on the bike when you’re not using it (compared to a rack) cheap, waterproof holds laptops, A4, keeps a folded shirt flat. Expandable via bungees and a drybag. Made in england. still working as new after 4.5 years of daily use.

Edit: and it keeps your bum dry if you’re caught without mudguards.

chudsy
    Free Member

+1 for carradice sqr tour. Only “fault” is the closing, or lack of, on the side pockets. Not sure it will ever wear out or fail and it can hold more than you think.

nedrapier

Ah, I’ve got the tour slim. From memory flatter and wider, with no side pockets. I think they might have revised the designs for both now anyway.

endurokid
    Free Member

I’ve recently started to ride without a pack and I managed to pick up a Topeak saddle bag on here, just waiting for delivery.

I can’t see me going back to a Camelbak as I only carry the essentials anyway.

I love the ‘free’ feeling you get riding packless so a saddle bag was the way forward, although it’s not very ‘Enduro’ so I’m sure i’ll get some funny looks this season racing, but hopefully my times will do the talking!’

whitestone
    Free Member

Another for the Carradice SQR. I think I’ve an older version of the Tour, it’s got mesh side pockets rather than the solid fabric now in use.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Seatpost packs’ is closed to new replies.