Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Seatpost mounted bags – inform me please….
  • MoreCashThanDash

So, I’ve borrowed a mates rack bag for a couple of audax, using it on the pannier rack of my commuter. Much prefer not having my jersey pockets stuffed with bits on long rides.

Assuming that summer comes this year, I’m thinking of getting a rack bag of my own and getting a seatpost mount for my regular road bike.

So, oh wise forumites, can you please recommend me a 7-10 litre bag and mount set up.

And will I die a horrible carbon fibre splintered death putting all this on a carbon seatpost …. 😕

shortcut

I use a Topeak beam rack and bag for LEJoG and would not recommend it to anyone.

I broke the bag an the clamp on the rack got banged by my thighs each pedal rev. It was rubbish and irritating. Happy to sell both if you want them. Cut price etc.

househusband

And will I die a horrible carbon fibre splintered death putting all this on a carbon seatpost ….

I’d put some helitape around the seatpost where the bag attaches to it to resist abrasion from vibration.

Pyro

Freeload/Thule Pack n Pedal rack and an Alpkit drybag (since they have loops on’em, makes them easier to attach.

avdave2

I’ve just bought one of the Bridge Street bags that use the klick mounting system. Yet to ride with it but it seems well made and using a common fixing system makes getting mounts for other bikes easy. Comes in 3 sizes – I went for the middle one which is 8L. Found it from a suggestion on here.

MoreCashThanDash

Not heard of the Bridge Street bags before, but saw someone with something that looked like that on the Radway at the weekend. The medium one is about the same price as a “regular” bag and mount as well.

Any other views and experiences?

avdave2

Bridge st bag comes with the mount for the price on the website.

Vortexracing

Just looked at that Bridge Street bags and it looks perfect for my commute.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Seatpost mounted bags – inform me please….’ is closed to new replies.