Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Seatpacks – Whats on the in crowd's bikes??
  • Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Looking for a new seatpack

With space for:

29er tube
    levers
    chaintool
    multitool
    co2 ‘tridges and ‘flater

whats good at the mo?

theflatboy
    Free Member

Items three and four on your list are the same thing. HTH.

nickc

The in crowd don’t use seat packs

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

mine aren’t 🙁

wwaswas

I have one of these and am pleased with it.

http://www.lezyne.com/en/products/organizers/caddys#!l-caddy

different sizes are available. Has internal pockets to store tools etc and stop rattles and has been waterproof to date.

only issue I had was that the zip pulls rattled which was a pain on my road bike so I’ve removed them.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I don’t use one on the mtb, as I ride with a backpack

but on the roadie I use the Lezyne ones.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Ok, i’ll be more helpful then. I did have a Lezyne one, but it fell to bits. I now use quite a compact Topeak one which seems fine so far and was quite cheap from Evans.

jam-bo

the free specialized one they gave away at the end of the 2012 Dartmoor Classic. Seems ok.

mos

I was gonna get that new specialized swat system instead of a seat pack, then i just googled it & saw the price. £100 FFS!!
    http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/specialized-xc-mountain-bike-kit-id80281.html?gclid=CJ-g1MnH37sCFdOWtAodIVoADg

RustySpanner

Get one with straps, not qd brackets:

I’ve broken two clips in crashes, Mrs S has broke one.
    You can get spares for Topeak, but not Bontrager, so we’ve just had to bin a year old, otherwise excellent Bontrager seat pack. 😐

I like the Topeak Wedge Packs – prefer the Aero ones that open at the end, rather than the regular version which has a horizontal zip.

righog
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Get one with straps, not qd brackets:

^^^This^^^ If they don’t snap they rattle and become annoying. I have snapped the straps on one, but fixed it easily with rivets and it has been fine for years.

flange
    Free Member

I’ve had two of the Lezyne ones and both have ended up swinging around the bottom of the seat post when the velcro failed. I’ve got the Fizik one that plugs into the back of the saddle now and it seems pretty good. However, you obviously need a Fizik saddle for this to work.

benp1

large topeak wedge here, loads of space for all my bits

gringojimi
    Free Member

Have had a few Lezyne ones and they all suffered from the zips failing.
    Got new ones after moaning to the distributor, only for them to fail the same way.

Five year old Topeak still going strong. And those Fizik bags are nice if you have a compatible saddle as they don’t rub against your seatpost.

wwaswas

I use an old style toe clip strap to hold mine to the seat rails as I never fully fill them and the strap cinches it all tight to stop rattles so the straps on the pack aren’t under much load, really.

pondo

My hybrid has one of these –
    Can JUST squeeze a couple of tubes, levers and patches in there, no room for anything else.
    Mountain bike has one of these –

Couple of tubes, set of levers, patches and a multi tool. Came with a cover too, which is handy for keeping the worst of the gloop out.
    Road bike has something like this –

Couple of tubes, levers, phone, keys, patches, couple of CO2 canisters and inflator. I don’t have shares in Topeak but the first bag was fine, so it made sense to get the rest with the same mounting system in case I had a need to swap them between bikes. Nothing broken yet, touch wood, and no creaks that I’ve noticed.

swanny853

I liked the spesh one I was running enough to buy another when the bike got nicked. Secure, quiet, pretty water resistant. If I’ve got the sizing I think, the small does a cross tube with a some space spare if you pack carefully, medium same for a 29.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Topeak or Fizik one

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Carradice FTW!!!
    Well, kinda.. 8)

takisawa2

Oh my, I do love that Caradice bag.^^^

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Seatpacks – Whats on the in crowd's bikes??’ is closed to new replies.