Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Seating 2Bliss Tyres
  • chrisps
    Free Member

Any tips?!

I am pretty proficient at seating tyres, having used Continental, Maxxis and a few randoms over the years tubeless, installed with my high capacity track pump.

I am however completely failing to get a Specialized The Captain 2Bliss to seat on a Stans Crest or a Specialized Purgatory to seat on a Superstar Carbon AM.

I am failing even using all the standard tricks of lots of soapy water, trying to pull the tyre into position before inflation and then working it after inflation (and that’s with a tube in!)

Goes without saying that getting them to seat tubeless has been unsuccessful too.

I got the tyres because they have a good rep for easy seating, so I feel I must be doing something wrong.

Any suggestions? Ta!

vincienup
    Free Member

I don’t really remember any problems mounting 2bliss Captains a couple of years ago other than they were a bit floppy. Definitely a two hands working on different parts of the tyre one. Once they’d been on once they seemed better, which isn’t too surprising I guess.

devash
    Free Member

I’ve just set up my Specialized Purgatory / Ground Control on Pacenti TL28 rims and they went up first time with a track pump, no soapy water needed.

I did use tubeless valves with removable valve cores though so maybe this helped. Also, I went with the Grid versions of the tyres as opposed to the Control casing so perhaps they have different beads.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

When I have tried most things I will run another wrap of tape on the rim put a tube in and leave for a day or two.
    Then remove tube put valve and sealant in.
    Soap up bead and with a few strokes of the trackpump straight up!
    9 times out of ten it’s a baggy tyre on a rim.
    The more difficult to remove tyre you know your on the right track!
    Thanks,
    Max

mccraque

+1 for the extra lap of rim tape to take out the baggyness.

Other than that, I’ve just put a tube in and left it at about 40psi for a day, with a smear of stans around one bead. That bead will then remain in place when you take the tube out – so you’re starting from a “half way there” position.

chrisps
    Free Member

Haven’t tried extra rim tape. Thats an interesting idea about leaving them with a tube overnight.

Thing is, I have one side of the bead seated, its the other side I can’t do on the Purgatory, so after leaving the tube, I would have to unseat it to do it tubeless 🙁

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

60-80 psi , depending on how brave you feel and leave them over night usually does the trick . They have been known to blow off the rim spectacularly on occasions but 60psi is fairly safe .

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Leaving the tube in just shapes the tyre up nice.
    Some tyres it does not work leaving one bead seated.
    It sometimes doesn’t let the other bead move freely.
    I would leave with a tube overnight then unseat both beads and plenty of soap suds on beads and try again.
    It should work as you say one bead has seated so tyre has some shape.
    Thanks,
    Max

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Infact you could leave a tube in overnight and pop the bead off that has seated and it mite have enough shape to pop the other side on.
    I normally go up to about 40 psi to be on the safe side.
    Only gone up to 50 on the odd occasion but never more!
    Thanks ,
    Max

mccraque

are they new tyres and is the rim clean?

I tend to find that you need to clean any old stans from the rim and from the bead of the tyre in case they are pre used. otherwise you don’t get as clean a seat of bead on beadlock.

Murray

CO2 cartridge to pop it up (no core in valve)? Then deflate, add Stans and reinflate with track pump.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Seating 2Bliss Tyres’ is closed to new replies.