Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Seatinf Schwalbe Evolution tubeless ready tyres
  • charliemort

First attempt failed last night – with floor pump, sealant in

no soapy water yet though – is that the magic ingredient?

819 rims. Never had a problem with true UST tyres before

any ideas – is it a compressor job? if so, how do you fit standard petrol station pump to presta valve?

thanks

flyingfox
    Free Member

Strange, I use Schwalbes on 819s and no probs. Other brands can be painful though. I had to use C02 once to be fair. No harm using a compressor, then it’s easy.

DON’T use C02 as I did though – it causes the latex solution to solidify. D’oh.

scruff
    Free Member

watery soap is better than soapy water, yes it can be the magic ingredient.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I’ve fitted UST and non-UST Fat Alberts and Big Betties to my 819’s without a problem and always inflated with a track pump. I smear a wee bit of fairy liquid onto clean rims and that seems to do the trick.

charliemort

okay watery soap it is then

do you put sealant in before or after? or doesn’t it matter?

scruff
    Free Member

A bit of sealant can help it seal, I always put it in first (but I have a compressor).

If you put it in first and it doesnt seal and you need to faff then you can splosh sealant everywhere, but if it seals then you need to unhook a bit of tyre and put some in (Or uncrew valve tip & use syringe).

If your tyres have been folded leave em pumped up overnight with a tube to make them round again.

charliemort

yes – folded and straight out of box

step 1 – watery soap
    step 2 it that doesn’t fail – overnight tubes

cheers fella!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

tried mine on both a taped rim and using a ghetto rimstrip and I couldn’t get it to seat, and that’s with a generator.

In the end I put a tube in. May try again when I have a spare minute.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Seatinf Schwalbe Evolution tubeless ready tyres’ is closed to new replies.