Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Seat-tube pulley to use a bottom pull front mech with top tube cable routing?
  • Sheriff_Fatman

Just bought a secondhand cross frame and I'm missing the pulley that bolts into the seat tube to run a bottom pull (road) front mech with the top tube cable routing. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? Zepnat have one on their website but are out of stock.

The frame is a Genesis Vapour so thought I'd email Genesis UK direct. Unfortunately their website is useless – you have to log in/register to get their contact details and I can't get past the first page of registering! Anyone got their email address?

Cheers
    Chris

alexpalacefan

Get a top-pull mech. Job done.

A

Sheriff_Fatman

You can't get top pull Road mechs though and an MTB mech wont work properly with A road compact chainset and STI levers! (Plus I already have perfectly good road mechs!)

scaredypants

I'm not clear what you mean by a pulley that bolts on, but how about a full-length outer running under the bb to a backstop that's fitted right at the base of the seattube (unless it's a really flared tube) ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

upgrade are where I got my last one from. I think it was branded DMR. I use one with their seat-tube clamp so that I can run a BOTTOM PULL MECH INSTEAD OF A TOP PULL MECH ON CERTAIN FRAMES.

I hate caps lock and my inability to look at the screen while typing, I'm not going to bother correcting all that!)

aP
    Free Member

Why not just phone them up? or Paul Milne?

Sheriff_Fatman

Thanks Onzadog – A DMR Mech Verter seems to be the thing – I should be able to just take the pulley off the band and bolt it straight into the existing boss on the seat tube.

In stock at Wiggle as well so now ordered – don't know why I didn't see it before – helps when you have a few kew words to narrow down the search!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Seat-tube pulley to use a bottom pull front mech with top tube cable routing?’ is closed to new replies.