Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • seat tube is scratching my seatpost.
  • chutney13
    Free Member

what’s the best way of fixing this, the tube is split, so can it be reamed or do i just have to file it down?

any advice appreciated.

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

Oh Dear!!! That’s terrible.

Sell the bike and go get yourself a brand new shiny one.

nickc

just rub it down with some emery or a half round file.

go easy

goog
    Free Member

don’t move it then …… next !

chutney13
    Free Member

congratulations on your erudite comments, i would love to buy a new one, but this one’s fine thanks. i need to fix this so i can borrow a seatpost without damaging it too much but if i’m insulting your sagelike wisdom then so be it….next!

thanks nickc.

R.lepecha

Is it affecting performance? My seat-posts are scratched to death. Its fine, I wouldn’t worry about it. Let it scratch.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What frame?

stumpy01

The new alloy Stumpjumper fsr I got last year had some ridiculous burrs in the seat tube. After they’d scraped the post to bits, I used some wet & dry wrapped around a handlebar to smooth the inside of the tube down.

Try to use the largest tube you can to wrap the wet & dry round and only take off what you need.

It was a bit disappointing on such an expensive bike, considering I’ve never known of this issue on any other frame and the shop I got it from were completely unhelpful in sorting it.
    Even the seat tube on my Inbred frame is smooth as a babies bum (well, almost)!

chutney13
    Free Member

this is on an inbred. doesn’t affect performance at all, my seatpost is completely scratched but wanting to try a layback and don’t want to knacker it so i can give it back if i don’t get on with it. will try wet and dry.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘seat tube is scratching my seatpost.’ is closed to new replies.