Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Seat Post: Thomson Elite or Hope Eternity
  • RagTi
    Free Member

I have had a Thomson Elite on my 5SE and it was faultless.

Now purchased myself a Black Epithany and need to furnish it with a seatpost to suit….got it down to either the Thomson or the Hope of which are both similar in price, any thoughts / reccomendations

(My bank balance is shouting Easton EA 30!) ha ha ha…

Cheers
    Kev

Gordymac
    Free Member

I asked the same last week

I went for a split new Hope off the classifieds just to be different, it should be here tomorrow.
    If i don’t like the look of it you can have first dibs on it if you like, i could even pop it in the box with your frame if Martin hasn’t posted it to you yet 😆

letmetalktomark

I have both.

The Hope is easier to adjust/set up.

But to be honest, they both work well and do their thang.

Seem to be better deals out there on the Thomson stuff at the moment though.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

check out the probikeshop.fr sale for thomson, if they have your size and using the extra 10% code “supple” you’ll be looking at the same prices they fetch used here.

http://www.probikeshop.fr/soldes-thomson-tige-de-selle-elite-droite/149.html

39.9E less 10% + 9.9E postage = 46E = ~£38?

thebunk

ControlTech?
    One piece, same weight, £35

Just a thought…

trail_rat
    Free Member

hope looks far nicer than the thomson 😉

the clamp head is much easier to use and much less fickle to adjust with a multi tool than the thomson

so far its proving to be just as robust with no creaking – in fact the only thomson i have left is on my commuter bike and its a wreaked 27.2 layback that was only gonna get peanuts used…. replaced a thomson with a ritchey carbon WCS as the thomson weighed a tonne comparitively!

RagTi
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies guys,

“Gordymac” I went for the Thomson as I have had one before, and being a Yank component may suit the ellsworth a little better ?. However if you really dont like the Hope I will give you a can of Red Cola and a “fish supper” for it and return the Elite to CRC ha ha ha..

The Controltech is exactly the same unit as my Nuke Proof Warhead which equals a complet F%^&*g joke to get the saddle on and make any adjustments, although it is again good quality and a bargain all round.

I just remember the Thomson, despite being popular, having awsome gripping power, the slight rough feel which helped slow down its ageing process! and the overall quality feel of it.

Cheers

Kev

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Seat Post: Thomson Elite or Hope Eternity’ is closed to new replies.