Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Seat post slipping in carbon frame
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Thomson post, carbon frame, supplied seat clamp, what can I do?
    I’m a serial over tightener too so don’t want to go too far and crush the frame, is it the rubbish own brand seat clamp, how tight is tight on the clamp or is there something I can use to prevent it slipping?
    only happening on rough/rocky trails and it only slips a couple of mm…but still annoying!

timbo678
    Free Member
    iainc

I tried that fiber grip with a Thomson post in a steel frame years ago. It stopped it slipping but made it creak. I then used the Tacx Assembly compound which worked perfectly.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Not being a tight arse but £8 for a one off useage of grease is a bit steep…
    I never adjust or take my seatpost out once set correct so wondering if there’s anything else I could use that’s a bit cheaper?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tacx is indeed the stuff to use.

Jonny, try asking your LBS, who may be willing to spare a squeeze in exchange for your business!

mrblobby
    Free Member

If that doesn’t sort it then just saw one of these on another thread that seemed a bloody good idea. Cheaper than grip paste!

mefty
    Free Member

Try Talc, Johnson’s Baby Powder if you are feeling flush

iainc

Bike shop will have little sachets of Tacx

timbo678
    Free Member

I’ll sell you my tube for £5…only one squirt used!

birdage

This has worked well for me, not used in a carbon frame though.

http://www.xcracer.com/shop/viewproduct.php?productid=351

seadog99
    Free Member

Spray the seat post with your missus’s (or yours) hair spray, works a treat 😉

and no I ain’t taking the piss

seaDog

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Seat post slipping in carbon frame’ is closed to new replies.