Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Seat post slippage problem
  • billyboy
    Free Member

Degreaed it thoroughly, using a seat post clamp that has a bolt and not a QR, tried carbon paste, …usually that works but it still slips a bit.
    Had the digital calipers out and everything is measuring 27.2 or near as damm it.

Sand the seat tube a bit to ruff up the interface???? but then it will be marginally wider and more prone to slipping??

Try a seat clamp that laps a bit more??

Any componds out there I can use that stop slippage while still making sure the post doesn’t doesn’t get stuck????

Scout
    Free Member

How much seatpost is actually in the frame when the seatclamp is done up?

funkynick

I was having similar issues with one of my bikes, 27.2 seat post and a bolt up clamp like you too, not matter how tight it would always slip… I ended up changing the seat clamp to a Salsa Lip-Lock and have not had a problem since.

I think it’s because the insert that the bolt screws into can turn a little as you do the clamp up, so you can do the clamp up tighter.

crikey
    Free Member

Try Hylomar, it’s a non setting gasket compound recommended to me by a guy from Trek USA. Works a treat, a bit like sticky candle wax. Available from all good motor stores…

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Had a frickin’ nightmare with my Blue Pig with the post slipping. Bought a 27.3mm post (made by Ragley – hmmmmm wonder why that’d be then…) which was an improvement but didn’t sort it fully, since made up a shim from a beer can and all seems proper snug now. Not had a chance to ride it properly since fitting the beershim, but fingers crossed…..

Radioman

A new product! try FINISH LINE FIBER GRIP. Grease with grippy stuff in it. Designed for carbon bikes but works on Alu & Steel ones. Stops slippage and corrosion. I bought some for my carbon bike but now use it on the steel & alu ones too

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Seat post slippage problem’ is closed to new replies.