Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • seat post sizing. does 0.1 mm matter?
  • baldSpot
    Free Member

old seat post is 30.9, spotted a possible replacement with 30.8mm. will it work?

rig
    Free Member

Tape around it?

Diferent I know but I just fitted a 34.9mm QR clamp to my 35mm frame tube so that I can drop the saddle quickly – bike came without a QR.

Seems OK – frame hasn't cracked yet?!

rig
    Free Member

Tape around it?

Different I know but I just fitted a 34.9mm QR clamp to my 35mm frame tube so that I can drop the saddle quickly – bike came without a QR.

Seems OK – frame hasn't cracked yet?!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    foxyrider
    Free Member

Well I got an old 27mm thomson in a 27.2 seat tube and the 2mm def makes a difference as I have to crank it up quite a lot on teh collar and lowering it mean it drops suddenly. The latter you will prob find but clamping it up should be OK with a decent seat collar IMO 🙂

phyncra
    Free Member

On One dont seem to think so. I think they use a metre rule to measure the seatube diameters on their frames!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Why put a 30.8 in it when 30.9's are more common anyway?
    Does usually work, as long as it's not carbon & you've got a decent clamp, or they have a tendancy to slip

cynic-al
    Free Member

I got away with it. I'd gauge it by how loose it is in the frame, how expensive the frame was etc…

a seat collar is quite different

cynic-al
    Free Member

I got away with it. I'd gauge it by how loose it is in the frame, how expensive the frame was etc…

a seat collar is quite different

antigee

got away with it twice as well 😉

ourmaninthenorth

My old Holdsworth frame is probably 26.4mm, which isn't an altogether popular size these days. I have a nice NOS Kalloy 26.2 seatpost, which is OK so long as I winch up the clamp. Prob going to need to file the frame slightly to be able to get it a smidge tighter to prevent gradual slipping.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘seat post sizing. does 0.1 mm matter?’ is closed to new replies.