Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • seat post, saddle packs
  • smartay

Hi all
    looking to purchase seat post saddle pack, fed up with hot back now summers here, optomistic as ever. Want aself contained bag to be used like aruck sack, so not looking at dry bag plus harness type thing
    whats your experience

scotroutes

How big do you want? There’s a huge range of options. I find a 3L Ortlieb does most day rides. A Revelate Viscacha for bikepacking.

smartay

Really want some thing will take jacket and a days supply for a day out, probably the size of a day sack 10ltrs plus

mudsoul
    Free Member

Ortlieb micro saddle bag are great. I put two tubes, spare powerlinks and tyre levers in there. Multitool. They do larger sizes as well. Work very well with dropper posts because they don’t use a seatpost strap.

tang
    Free Member

Alpkit, restrap or wildcat. All uk businesses!

whitestone
    Free Member

Does it have to be a seat pack? You don’t say what sort of bike this is going on – FS or HT? I’ve a Wildcat Ocelot frame bag http://www.wildcatgear.co.uk/shop/frame-bags/ocelot/ for my HT but they do one for FS bikes as well – http://www.wildcatgear.co.uk/shop/frame-bags/clouded-leopard/ Alpkit do similar bags.

You can get a surprising amount of kit in to one, I’ve not tried putting a water pouch in but there’s an opening for the feed tube should you so desire. You do need to put some heli-tape on the frame to stop any rubbing.

There’ll be compromises whatever you chose to do, it’s a personal decision as to which you accept.

smartay

Both bikes hardtail, Ragley blue pig and Genesis Fortitude. Will be used mainl on Fortitude.
    to give you an idea is everything you wiuld take on a walk but on the bike. I find using a rucksack when loaded for the day restricting, and its nice to get the breeze when ckimbing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘seat post, saddle packs’ is closed to new replies.