Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Seat ibiza technical advice needed.
  • mrchrispy

daft question but does would anyone know if its possible to open the bonnet of a seat ibiza without going inside the car?

My brother buggered of to australia and left his motor parked on our drive, it was reversed up the drive and both the boot and the drivers door up against a walls,we climbed out the passanger door before locking it with the fob.

Well the obvious has happened and the battery has gone flat which means and I can get into the car (no lock on the passanger door). I can just get the key into the drivers door but that doesn't unlock the other door.

I need to get the battery out and charge it so I can open the bloody thing. any ideas?

4ndyB
    Free Member

There is something in the manual about this I'll have a look in mine when I find it

Can't remember if it's turn & hold the key in a turned position, or turn the key anti clockwise to open all doors….

I do know that you have to double blip the key fob to open the C/L on all doors unless this option has been disabled

Hopefully there is enough power in the battery to open the doors once!

Adam_85
    Free Member

Get underneath and see if you can move the lever?? Under-tray permitting!

Whyte1
    Free Member

Drag the car out by the tow eye then get in through the boot 💡

simon1975

Yeah, double-clicking the keyfob opens all the doors and boot, but I guess not if the battery's completely flat. Double turning the key in the lock does the same thing i.e. turn it (to the right?) to open the driver's door, let go then quickly turn it again in the same unlocking direction. Again, if your battery's dead this might be useless!

4ndyB
    Free Member

The bonnet release lever is smack bang in the middle of the front of the bonnet above the Seat badge, dunno if you can release the bonnet solely with this lever though, or get anything useful under the panel gap to open it

BigJohn

If it's got a towbar, and towing electrics you might be able to charge it through the socket.
    If it's insured, check if it's got windscreen or glass insurance.
    If it's not insured, find out the cheapest window to replace.

simon1975

Just thought of something else to try – turn the key to unlock the door and hold it over in the unlocking position. That'll open all the windows if you've any charge in the battery!

markyboy
    Free Member

jack up car.remove underpan(easy).locate starter motor.at front of engine i think.put jump leads or idealy a boost pack onto main starter cable(RED) earth cable onto engine block.power up.double press key.jobs a goodun!! 😉
    or if car is still under warantty phone AA (seat assist)they will sort it.

Whyte1
    Free Member

why all the crazy ideas just drag it a couple of feet away from the back wall and just climb in through the boot , open the bonnet charge the battery and bingo it's sorted

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Seat ibiza technical advice needed.’ is closed to new replies.