Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Seat Ensurance – what is the catch ?
  • MadBillMcMad

Just had an email from Seat offerring ‘Ensurance’

Apparently this is totally free to Seat owners.

So what is the catch ?

Now free to all SEAT customers for three years and only takes a minute to get cover!

Ensurance is SEAT’s accident and repair cover, which works alongside your main motor insurance policy to help you if your SEAT is damaged in an accident or stolen.

We understand that being involved in an accident and having to deal with lots of companies can be really stressful and time consuming. That’s why we’ve designed Ensurance to take care of everything for you. A dedicated claims manager will be available for you to contact 24 hours a day, they will look after the entire claim from start to finish – liaising with your motor insurer, any third parties and our SEAT Insurance approved repairers.

They will also arrange for your vehicle to be recovered and taken to a SEAT Insurance approved repairer to be repaired by SEAT trained technicians who will only use SEAT parts and paints. And where possible, we make sure the repairer provides you with a courtesy car to keep you on the road.

And the best bit…… Ensurance is now free to all SEAT customers for three years. It only takes a minute to get cover, simply click here and add your name, contact and vehicle details.

wwaswas

Those people that continually phone up asking if you’ve been in an accident?

It’s a posher version of that is my guess.

warton
    Free Member

well, the catch is any insurance claim will contain a big bill from seat ensurance…

MadBillMcMad

reading it closer I am not sure it is actually offering me anything at all, other than the fact that they will take the car to a seat dealer & might give me a courtesy car.

richmtb

Got one of these emails too.

Seems straight forward enough its basically a claims manager if you are involved in an accident and possibly a courtesy car (subject to availability of course)

Its also free. I’ll probably sign up

sandwicheater

Claims management by any other name.

Use there approved repairs, they get a cut of profit/kick back.
    Put you in a hire car provided by them, they make money from this.
    Oh what’s that, your injured, have a word with this chap who’ll take a slice of your payments.

P-Jay
    Free Member

They’re basically offering a claims handling service, this is pretty big business – but at least if it’s from SEAT it should mean repairs are decent – they won’t do it themselves of course – most dealers don’t have a proper bodyshop.

Even the insurance companies use them now, they’re the people who ‘ensure’ you get a stupidly nice hire car whilst they handle your claim and simply chop out a figure for your pain and suffering without you having to fake whiplash.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’ve just signed up because free stuff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Seat Ensurance – what is the catch ?’ is closed to new replies.