Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Seat Droppers for Chubbies….
  • marko75
    Free Member

Thinking of getting the KS droppper sear post but that max weight is 90kg (bike-discount.de) – any larger guys got a reverb (cant find an upper weight limit) or a ks? – I am 95kg 🙂 and like curry too much to drop weight!

bigG
    Free Member

I am a right chubber (heavier than you) and I use a RS Reverb with no issues at all.

empireofthefun
    Free Member

I use an X-fusion dropper and I ain’t no lightweight unfortunately. No issues

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    batman11
    Free Member

Ks/reverb and gravity dropper in the last few years not had a problem with any of them due to my 110 kg weight and gotta love t hem currys.
    Bats.

grum
    Free Member

I’m heavier than you OP and have had no problems with my Gravity Dropper.

dantsw13

I’m 95kg, and have an ICE Lift V8. £87 posted from purebike.fr!! (or £120 in uk)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Earlier this week, i asked this question of ks usa. They’ve no idea why the Germans are saying this and gave me the go ahead to use one and I’m closer to 100kg.

I’ll be ordering my ks lev from Germany tomorrow.

kiwifiz
    Free Member

I’m 94 kg and had a 3rd gen 34.9 reverb for 6 months in my old rockhopper frame no probs. Switched to a Soul and 27.2 and had two failed Hi-Lo fusions (one seized, one bent upper tube) and a failed trail dropper (tube cracks at drop holes+bent lower tube). Sticking to rigid seat posts until an eventual Soul upgrade and a chance to return to a (31.6) reverb……don’t think the smaller diameter droppers are up to dealing with us 90kg+’ers…..just my experience. Very temped by the new LEV though!

Stevelol
    Free Member

I’m about 97kg and have been using a KS i950r (called supernatural now I think) for 2 years with no problems

Jeffus
    Free Member

95kg KS950 for two years , and reverb for 2 years no problems..

honourablegeorge

Heavier than you, ran a KXi900 for a year without any issues or servicing, now on a Reverb for almost as long, faultless again.

marko75
    Free Member

forgot to post the response from KS – I did get this email:

There is no rider weight limit.

Respectfully,

Ron Easton
    KS USA
    26741 Portola Pkwy 1E658
    Foothill Ranch CA 92610

I wonder why bike discount put a weight limit?

Scapegoat

Perhaps they don’t like us fat f*ckers? I weigh over 100kg and no issues with a reverb.

rOcKeTdOg

88kg on a GD here

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Seat Droppers for Chubbies….’ is closed to new replies.