Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Seaside locations around Lisbon
  • geoffj

Off to somewhere near Lisbon for a week in July as part of the summer holidays.
    I’m considering Cascais as a beach resort / old town with easy access to Lisbon.
    Are there any other similar locations worth considering. We’ll have a car and don’t mind driving to beaches, but prefer to be able to walk out to the bars and restaurants.
    Any recommendations?

jimdubleyou

Went to Cascais a few years ago, it was lovely.

Stayed round the point from the main town near the marina.

There’s a long boardwalk along towards Estoril, which had been recently redone with lots of nice restaurants.

Don’t remember much in the way of long sandy beaches if that’s your thing.

geoffj

Thanks Jim
    Any more for any more?

pat12
    Free Member

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praia_do_Guincho

Not sure about staying there but it’s a nice beach

stever
    Free Member

I’ve stayed in Sesimbra and had a good time (long time ago tho).

johnx2
    Free Member

Estoril’s a nice beach but about the most mobbed surf I’ve ever had. Taxi from centre of town was under 20 Euros, short train ride back.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I was always prone to getting very drunk on jugs of cheap sangria in Cascais however I do remember a café that used to sell whole spatchcock chickens cooked on hot stones that were exceptionally really fantastically tasty and delicious, can anyone confirm this as non of the company I kept back then can remember.

Your salivatingly

C-Boy 🙂

4ags4
    Free Member

As mentioned above, Guincho beach is a good visit.
    Around the other side of Cascais – has the full force of the Atlantic thrown at it so can be good for surfing and the like.
    If you don’t mind a bit of a drive Obidos to the North is a good visit and the Aroreira coast to the south of the river has some nice beaches.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Seaside locations around Lisbon’ is closed to new replies.