Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Seaside…….
  • sargey

You know that feeling when you just need to be by the sea.
    It just calms you down and sooths the soul.
    I think a trip to Aberdovey tomorrow will fix things.

the-muffin-man

Very much.

Not been by the sea since last August. I think even a trip to Skegvegas would help me at the minute.

Living in land-locked Derbyshire it’s always a bit more than a day-out though.

fasthaggis

THE SEA! the sea! the open sea!
    The blue, the fresh, the ever free!
    Without a mark, without a bound,
    It runneth the earth’s wide regions round;
    It plays with the clouds; it mocks the skies;
    Or like a cradled creature lies.

I ’m on the sea! I ’m on the sea!
    I am where I would ever be;
    With the blue above, and the blue below,
    And silence wheresoe’er I go;
    If a storm should come and awake the deep,
    What matter? I shall ride and sleep.

jam-bo

i like to be in the sea.

the beach can do one, where dirt meets water.

sparkyrhino

Going on Monday, Robin hoods bay pooch walk along beach, then too Whitby for F n c’s (not magpie)and some smoked kippers and a few quid in the penny pusher in the arcades. 😀

zippykona

PICTURES!

jam-bo

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Zippy, this ones for you. I’ll be heading here first thing tomorrow, Barafundel Bay in Pembrokeshire

wwaswas

I can see the sea from my office.

I end up going to the woods at lunchtime…

zippykona

Winchelsea looking for dinosaur footprints.

RustySpanner

Anglesey, every month or so.

Crash at the climbing hut in Llanberis, ride over to Newborough, go and have a sit on the little beach out near the lighthouse, bit of a picnic if it’s nice, chill.

Two and a half hours from Burnley, worth every minute.

dashed
    Free Member

When I feel overwhelmed by destruction
    Let me go down to the sea…”

Lovely poem by Marjory Pizer which sums up being by the sea for me – lifts a weight off your shoulders!

soundninjauk

[url=https://flic.kr/p/MKVuEz]Trip to the Seaside (6 of 27)[/url] by Ed Schroeder, on Flickr

P-Jay
    Free Member

I think this is one of those things when I’m going one way and the world the other (I don’t drink Tea or Coffee either which is seemingly the same as Genocide to some people it’s so outrageous).

I hate the seaside, always have. I was born in a Seaside town, I rarely went there.

I don’t care if it’s a pristine Welsh beach in the Gower, the endless White Sands of the Whitsundays or Costa Del Chlamydia – I’ve never seen the attraction – he’s a lot of water that will kill you if you drink it or fail to swim in it, moving up and down some grit, or big stones – obviously the sort of place you want to lay down in dirt to ‘relax’.

I have to assume beach lovers have never been to a lake – he’s a lot of water, you can swim in it without gagging on salt, there’s some grass to lay on which is infinitely better than sand and it’s rarely surrounded by arseholes, unlike beaches which seem to attract them like flies.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

I have to assume beach lovers have never been to a lake

With very few exceptions a lake doesn’t have the sense of scale that the sea has. There’s a feeling I get from the sea, a sense of my place in the environment, the sheer size of the seemingly endless water reaching from horizon to horizon. I love lakes but they aren’t the sea when it comes to pure headspace, then again Northumberland is a quiet beach heaven if you know where to go..

jam-bo

no surf in lakes (great lakes in the US/Canada excepted)

midlifecrashes

We went once, had meant to be having a day in Portland but it was 40degrees in a heatwave, had a great day, seals swimming round you chasing shoals of krill, good ice cream shops and the aquarium was fun too. Good ice cream shops.

molgrips
    Free Member

beach lovers have never been to a lake – he’s a lot of water, you can swim in it without gagging on salt

I’d rather have seawater in my mouth than the average lake, tbh.

kayak23

Love the seaside, love it!
    Shame(now living in the Midlands) about the inevitable drive home, almost instantly into the hair-trigger aggression on the roads and the consequent ebbing of ones relaxedness.
    😐

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Seaside…….’ is closed to new replies.