Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sealskinz Socks – too hot and sweaty?
  • geoffj

I'm thinking about some of these for the winter to go under by boots. My only concern is that my feet get quite hot.
    How are these for comfort / heat.

Oh and anywhere cheap online to buy them?

Ta

james
    Free Member

I never notice mine. Often wear them through summer just in case I have to push through a bog or something

Try Merlin cycles

emac65
    Free Member

I don't like them,they make my feet sweat which makes them cold.M&S merino woolly ones for me,toasty ..
    Far cheaper too… 8)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    avalanche
    Free Member

Bought a pair of US army issue waterproof socks from my local surplus shop (Salfords Surrey). They are totally shapeless and baggy around the ankle but they are way thinner than the sealskinz version. I find i can regulate the temp by using thinner/thicker standard socks inside. They only cost about 12 quid if I remember correctly.

joolsburger
    Free Member

They had ultra thin ones on the sealskins stand at the show yesterday £25 quid a pair…yeah right, I'll have 5 pairs.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I use them mainly in the winter but also in the Summer when it's wet & I've not had an problems with sweaty feet.

I like them & I wouldn't use anything else. I get mine off evilbay which I've found is the cheapest place but if anyone can get them cheaper then let me know.

scaredypants

what are your boots?

If they're waterproof then I don't see a benefit from waterproof socks as well (merino or summit instead maybe)

iainc

I use the merino lined ones under my Spesh Defrosters – seem fine though the depths of winter

montylikesbeer

I use them to make my one pair of shoe "all year round", nice and toasty on friday night even though it was carting down with rain

druidh
    Free Member

Sealskinz are great. Nice to have a dry pair, even when your shoes are cold and wet/damp inside.

coatesy
    Free Member

A pair of HH Lifa socks in mine sorted the clamminess issue, not stretching them whilst pulling them on stopped my second pair leaking. Worth having, but not as good as proper boots I reckon.

WTF
    Free Member

Binbags are as appealing as a sealskin sock.

Northwind

I wear mine whenever it's wet, never a problem with sweating or overheting during summer, and then I add a merino liner for winter. Lovely.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sealskinz Socks – too hot and sweaty?’ is closed to new replies.