Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Sealed bids in englandshire
  • tonyd

OP – sorry you didn’t get it, but chin up as the next one you find will be even more perfect 🙂

mastiles – I read somewhere recently that if the bank is selling a place (repo eg) then they set a price target and won’t even look at an offer below that. For example if a place is on at £250k they might set the limit at £240k, any offers below that are rejected out of hand. However, if the place is unsold after x amount of weeks they’ll drop the limit to £230k, and so on. Could be you just need to be patient – even if the advertised price doesn’t drop it could be that in a few weeks they’ll accept your offer.

alfabus
    Free Member

Thanks

I’m not over that house yet.. still clinging to some hope that I’ll be able to get it.

The fallback plan is to press ahead with selling our house, then move over to Cheltenham (we’re in Croydon atm) to stay in a rented place for a bit. That way, if the ‘perfect house’ comes up again, we will be cash buyers.

Dave

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

mastiles – I read somewhere recently that if the bank is selling a place (repo eg) then they set a price target and won’t even look at an offer below that. For example if a place is on at £250k they might set the limit at £240k, any offers below that are rejected out of hand. However, if the place is unsold after x amount of weeks they’ll drop the limit to £230k, and so on. Could be you just need to be patient – even if the advertised price doesn’t drop it could be that in a few weeks they’ll accept your offer.

Yeah we kinda thought that – it has already gone down from £320k to £300k (at which point we put our offer in). We like it but not enough to go to anything like £300k just yet.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Sealed bids in englandshire’ is closed to new replies.