Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Seal Skinz gloves?
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I am currently using some Gore winter gloves and for the colder days I use the Seal Skinz glove liners. However, the Gore gloves are falling apart and are in need of replacement: Are the Seal Skinz winter gloves my best bet or are there other gloves that are better for this purpose?

nevertoomanybikes
    Free Member

I'm loving my sealskinz for commuting, very waterproof. For a big ride it would have to be pretty cold to justify them though, they are warm.

mikey74
    Free Member

Which ones do you have? There appear to be several types.

cp

I use the technical cycling gloves (not the mtb ones). I rate them VERY highly.

nevertoomanybikes
    Free Member
    Kamikirk
    Free Member

I have a pair of seal skinz wind and waterproof gloves. No insulation and they have lasted me so far for 3 years cycling and are also my ski gloves of choice unless it gets "really" cold. I run hot but can't stand cold fingers and they do the business for me.

Hope that helps.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

I bought SealSkinz Mountain Bike Glove 09 for the 'Puffer and my wife bought Gore Countdown Lady Winter Cycling Gloves. She was very disappointed with how they performed whereas I was really pleased with mine.

woffle
    Free Member

I've got these too – windproof and pretty much waterproof – great in the cold and wet though the liners can be a P.I.T.A if you need to take gloves off / on with any regularity as they tend to come out the fingers (does that make sense?). They're also a little on the hot and sweaty side for me if it's more than 5 degrees but I'd recommend them for the worst weather.

elaineanne
    Free Member

im using gore for winter riding at the moment,,i do have some 'sealskin' gloves too but they are too thick when it comes to changing gears….so i use them for when im out walking. they are incredibly warm tho !

langylad
    Free Member

I got the MTB ones a couple of years ago. OK at first but would second the problems with the lining, a right pain if you are a sweaty monkey like me. Been using some Madison waterproof ones recently and they have been great, even in the minus temps over christmas

Marko

I have a pair of the originals.They were called 'Porelle' then I think. These are a separate inner and a waterproof outer – great gloves.
    I've just cut up and binned my second pair of the newer ones. These are the ones with the gel palm. As has been pointed out, once the fingers pull away from the outers they are impossible to get back in because the membrane ruckles up and blocks the finger hole. When you cut them up you can see why this will always happen.
    Having said that customer service is first class. They replaced the first pair, within 48 hours, no receipt or any proof of purchase.
    Hth
    Marko

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Seal Skinz gloves?’ is closed to new replies.