Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Seagull Spikes?!
  • alexxx
    Free Member

Has anyone successfully stopped seagulls nesting on their roof? It’s that time of year again so thinking about getting some spikes or similar up there before they lay eggs and have chicks?

ajantom

The people opposite had a lot of flat space around their pots, so were getting seagulls nesting. They had spikes fitted, but the gulls just seemed to build an extra big nest on top of them!

kcal

well, we’ll see but I have just put them on chimneys and strung wire along roofline on my mum’s old house. hopefully will do the trick. Before install – two gulls settling in on chimney tops. After – no gulls observed.

When I say “I” I meant a joiner chap did them..

benthebikeman
    Free Member

stuck some old stainless spokes on my chimney pots with some ‘No More Nails’ where the seagulls used to nest and they havent come back… cant really see it from ground level either

goldfish24

Don’t, whatever you do, clear a nest once it’s built.
    Never mind that ‘I like birds’, but my neighbor disturbed a nest on his roof and spent the rest of the summer a prisoner in his own home*. The massive herring gulls would swoop on him and shit on his head.

*slight exaggeration, but he did have to wear a hat.

bodgy
    Free Member

Yup, spikes work on my house.

CountZero

As well as spikes, see if it’s possible to string fishing line between the spikes as well, it’ll be practically invisible, but it’ll make it more difficult and distracting for the birds if they try to land.

beamers

A laser gun is what you need.

Linky

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Spikes, mesh and wire for me in Weymouth.
    Still hear them all around but not on my roof.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Seagull Spikes?!’ is closed to new replies.