Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sea Otter Classic: New Raleigh cross bike
  • flange
    Free Member

I really want one of these

I don’t know why – I already have quite a nice cross bike

steve_b77
    Free Member

That is rather nice

paul78
    Free Member

Last years model as raced by Gabby Day was awesome too … shame without importing your own that we will never see them in UK.

flange
    Free Member

I’m not sure what the deal is with Raleigh – in the states they look to have some pretty high end bikes, yet we only get chaff over here. Is the name like a franchise and its basically a different company in each country?

rOcKeTdOg

Isn’t that a dirty disco (or same factory made)?

Raleigh Probably has better stock control though 😉

paul78
    Free Member

From my understanding of Raleigh UK and Raleigh USA is that they are completely independent companies …

… Think when Raleigh was sold and parted out years ago this was the result.

Night and Day difference between the 2 companies and the bikes they produce … Raleigh USA do a lovely belt drive 29er too ..

Not sure on the Dirty Disco comment … doesn’t even look the same … those seat stays are lovely on the Raleigh

ourmaninthenorth

Raleigh USA’s cross bikes – esp their SSCX machines – are usually fantastic looking. That thing looks the b-ll—s..!

(Is the Raleigh USA/IK deal the same with Bianchi – some interesting bikes in the Bianchi USA range?)

flange
    Free Member

Ah, righty – cheers Paul.

Its a shame that they can’t bring them over here – the UK Raleigh they had in Cycling plus got really good reviews but looked awful.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Raleigh USA have really good stuff. Raleigh UK remains in the domain of Halfords, i.e crap

What are the wheels in that picture?

flange
    Free Member

The wheels are Cole Carbon’s, produced under license (or something) for Raleigh.

13thfloormonk

I liked the look of this Raleigh:

but with a view to sticking some gears on the back perhaps.

That, or a Van Dessel WTF. Paul78, did you find the Van Dessel as heavy as it sounds? (7.2lb for the frame and EBB??)

paul78
    Free Member

13thfloormonk, Van Dessel WTF was not lightweight but its was built for bikepacking so when I loaded it up it felt as heavy as anything else i had used in the past 🙂

On subject of Van Dessel .. Full Tilt Boogie disc model would be a very similar bike to this Raleigh

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sea Otter Classic: New Raleigh cross bike’ is closed to new replies.