Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • SDW Summer appreciation thread, pics please!!
  • Poopscoop

Late at night and making a wish list for this year.

Biked the SDW 5 years back and have never forgotten it.

I should say, not over one day or even two. Three.

My regret? Wishing I had taken it slower.

Want to ride the way over 4 or 5 days this time and would love some |Summer pics of your previous rides.

S0orry for the gushing. Its just that ride meant an awful lot to me.

Don’t think Ive ever ridden anywhere so beautiful in my 47 years.

(Be gentle, I know I will regret this later today, just need some inspiration over the next few months to ride Her again.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Why regret it?? It’s a great route.

Have a pic from a drop of rain up there…

muggomagic

njee20
    Free Member

I forgot to take any photos, or indeed look at the view, but it was very nice!

zippykona

It’s a fantastic view and a great place to walk the dog. It’s also a very easy place to get lost!

nuke

^ First time id ridden part of SDW (BHF Winchester to Devils Dyke)…the amount of climbing came as a surprise!

cobrakai

Sorry no pics but recognise the old winchester hill Mud climb.

Signed up for BHF SDW in July. Know it well from Winchester to qecp as it’s my local, but after there, it’s dark territory!

Poopscoop

Wow, just found this tab still open on my browser! 😀

I had forgotten about it, but it looks to be one of my slightly finer drunken/ online moments.

Took this sometime on day one. Before I slept by the side of the SDW later that evening in just a sleeping bag liner on some long grass. I was worried about weight I could haul you see. Prolapsed discs in back, neurosurgery a few years back and not riding a bike at all for over 2 years…. apart from a 2 mile road ride a few weeks before the SDW… So everything I took either fitted into my old Lobo, was in the saddle bag (that held only the useless bag liner) or was gaffer taped to the bike or the Lobo’s shoulder straps.

Well, OK, I didnt sleep and couldnt wait for the sun to rise as I was freezing cold and completely soaking wet due to the dew on the grass. Ironically, dehydrated too as I couldnt find the water point I needed to refill my camelback with in the dark the night before.

In the morning I found I had “slept” only about 50 metres past where it was. 🙂

Also, I know you cant camp on the SDW…. but the only thing left to show I had been there was some flattened grass next to the track. I even made sure my disposable contacts went in my pack with me….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CBRPM8]fragment 072[/url] by poopy doop, on Flickr

Poopscoop

cobrakai

Sorry no pics but recognise the old winchester hill Mud climb.

Signed up for BHF SDW in July. Know it well from Winchester to qecp as it’s my local, but after there, it’s dark territory!

When I did the ride, on the last day it coincided with a BHF event!! Went from seeing virtually no one to being in the middle of hundreds of riders all of a sudden! It was a great way to end the SDW. 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CKbgeM]fragment 173[/url] by poopy doop, on Flickr

Some BHF riders heading off into Eastbourne. Bust a gut chasing them down as one had dropped something from his pack. Not helped by getting stung in the mouth by a bee/ wasp whilst cycling down a fast downtill bit. 😀

richardthird

stuker
    Free Member

pictonroad

S’alright I spose…

dovebiker

Old Winchester Hill – ridden about 200km by this point so was quite happy to sit down for a rest!

Poopscoop

Thanks guys, some more great pics. Great pic, Picton! What a view. 🙂

Dovebiker, sounds like a mammoth ride!? What route were you riding? Love the well tooled up bike too. 😀

pictonroad

It’s miserable this morning I can assure you of that!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘SDW Summer appreciation thread, pics please!!’ is closed to new replies.