Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SDW in a Day – riding partner(s) needed – before end of August
  • tonyd5000
    Free Member

My first attempt was going to be at the end of June with two buddies. Due to a heavy cold I had to drop out and would really like to do it this year before the end of August.

They took 15 hours because it was p*ssing down, really muddy and the wind was horrendous, but i would estimate my likely time in good conditions to be 14 hours.

Is anyone planning to do it soon and wouldn’t mind me joining you?

Would think that Winchester start is best, around 4.45am.

Thanks

Tony

TimCotic
    Free Member

I did it in 3 days a few years back. I started from Eastbourne about 8.30 am after a nice cooked breakfast in a B&B. 😉

singletracksurfer

British Heart Foundation are doing it on Saturday the 21st this month which is probably your best bet as it’ll be supported and signed with plenty of other riders to join in with to help share the pain 😉

http://www.bhf.org.uk/get-involved/events/view-event.aspx?ps=1001295

Good luck, it is a beast. Not technical, just on and on, up and up.

Taff
    Free Member

I had planned on doing in July/August but had other commitments and now off to Sweden for a week. Otherwsie I would jump at it. How you getting back to Winchester?

singletracksurfer
    drofluf
    Free Member

I’ll register a tentative interest – i.e. if it’s OK I’ll tag along if work/family commitments allow

Mounty_73

I would love to do this, but August could be a bit difficult…

m1kea
    Free Member

If I sort myself out I’m aiming on doing the 65 miles to Devils Dyke again this year.

Be nice to improve on last year’s ride but the weather and conditions were excellent then.

tonyd5000
    Free Member

Thanks for the info Singletracksurfer. I am trying to get on the BHF ride as we speak.

enveetee
    Free Member

Get to the Chilcot center at 05:15 and register on the day

Drink lots

jim76
    Free Member

Did it in May with one other person – we got lucky with the weather as it was warm, sunny and there was virtually no wind. The weather had been good for a few days so it was bone dry and fast rolling all the way.
    Rode a Specialized Camber Comp carbon 29er which was absolutely fantastic – climbed brilliantly and was loads of fun on the the downhill sections (no technical but some are very fast) completed the ride in 10.5hrs, which was a bit quicker than expected.
    Would be interested in doing it again, weather permitting of course..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SDW in a Day – riding partner(s) needed – before end of August’ is closed to new replies.