• This topic has 51 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by will.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Sdw in a day – cx sportive
  • zippykona

How does a top CX time compare to the current record?

alansd1980

Thanks for the warning Martin but I have done plenty of big days in the saddle including 100+ miles on a hard tail so know what I am in for.

trailbreak-martin
    Free Member

How does a top CX time compare to the current record?

I don’t honestly know! Looking around on Google, it’s hard to find anyone claiming a time for CX end to end at all. It’s going to be interesting to see how folks go in July!

TimP
    Free Member

wwaswas, I have a lovely CX bike you can borrow… 😉

wwaswas

I’m not doing it on that shonky thing – the back wheel’s held together by spit and string 😉

You could ride it with me though 🙂

cyclistm
    Free Member

SDW on a CX bike, rather you than me. I did it on a front suspension hardtail and my arms were shot at Alfriston.

good luck all

cycles-goff
    Free Member

if you use frog legs type cx brakes as i did your arms and hands get the most pain as you can’t get enough leverage to stay in control on some of the very step downhills and pick a good line. It can also get quite rutted in places and again lack of suspension is pretty tiring. That said it is perfectly doable on cx – i have ridden several times cx ss and I’m no athlete.

TimP
    Free Member

Now you tell me! I am only using it to carry my daughter to school so that it ok 😯
    Maybe I will get the trailgator out…

wwaswas

I am only using it to carry my daughter to school so that it ok

really? I’m pleased it’s being put to good use 🙂

(the wheel will be fine, honest. I assume it’s stayed true?)

TimP
    Free Member

Define true? The wheel is doing well with well over 100kg on it, but I do need to get her sorted onto something else though as she is at or just over the weight limit for the seat. The trail gator and/or the ute beckon…

wwaswas

I found a proper trail-a-bike really good – very stable and my daughter got to pedal bit on the hills to help out.

will
    Free Member

I’m in. Been meaning to do this for a while now.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Sdw in a day – cx sportive’ is closed to new replies.