Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SDG I Fly black/Kevlar how tough is it?
  • mralexbenn
    Free Member

Looking to get the saddle and post combo but how is the Kevlar version for shedding water and general strength? I might swap it between my 456 and roadrat depending how comfy it is off road. Cheers

br
    Free Member

depending how comfy it is off road.

As comfy as a hard-thing…

tbh While I like and use the I-Beam’s the I-Fly was just a step too far for me.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Like br, It was also a step too far for me. The Belair fits me perfectly, even on longish rides without padded shorts. Tried the ti-fly and it wasn’t on the bike very long. The ti-fly is around 185gms, ti-belair 268gms, I decided to enjoy the ride and save +/- 100gms elsewhere.

mralexbenn
    Free Member

Yeh heard it’s not the most comfortable but used a spoon for a while and found that decent, prob use it on the road most of the time, so more wondering on the Kevlar it’s water repelancy and durability ta

kimbers

i have one on my dh bike, wouldnt want it on an xc bike, not for sitting on much
    theres so little padding that it cant really soak up any water tbh!

honourablegeorge

Had the TI Fly, the covering (what there is of it) came away quite easily, and the plastic under was cutting into my leg. Ended up in a bin in Morzine.

br
    Free Member

so more wondering on the Kevlar it’s water repelancy and durability ta

I put it on my 12 year olds’ bike, thinking that the smallness of it might suit him – after 6 months there seems to be no real wear – nor has he complained about the ‘ride’.

mralexbenn
    Free Member

Thanks for the input guys might have a look at the bel air instead then if the fly is really that shocking

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SDG I Fly black/Kevlar how tough is it?’ is closed to new replies.