Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SDG I-Beam set up……….any good?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

Thinking of taking the plunge as there is a good offer on wiggle at the moment but i dont know of anyone who has this setup.

the saddle is the bel air sl with i-beam alu post – currently i use a bonty x-lite carbon post with a fizik gobi saddle – i guess there wont be too much of A WEIGHT DIFFERENCE but will i still have the adjustability and are the saddles comfortable?

any info greatfully received.

cheers 😀

higthepig
    Free Member

Had a similar set up for over a year now, no problems at all and v comfy, would buy again.

br
    Free Member

I run the I-Beams, but whats' wrong with your current seat/post?

For weight reckon on about 420-440g all in.

brakes
    Free Member

I had an I-beam for a while, got rid because I think they look a bit pants

epicyclo

I like them and have them on most of my bikes.

goodgrief
    Free Member

i don't find i-beams that comfy, they're too stiff for me. for this reason they are on both my dh bikes for their strength, light weight and cheapness via various deals. the xc/trail bikes get normal sdg seats.

DT78
    Free Member

I really like mine – and actually just bought another post / saddle combo for my full/suss – wish I'd seen the wiggle deal earlier!

I did spot after 2 years use my 27.2 post has small cracks where the clamp meets the post. Read up on it and a few people have had issues with using then in the cold. Still didn't stop me buying another.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

cheers for all your help guys – just ordered it! 😉

lorettocourt
    Free Member

Bit late but fwiw very happy with mine – running it on a 666 and been bounced aroudn the Alps for a couple of weeks as well as various trail centres and XC stuff in the UK.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SDG I-Beam set up……….any good?’ is closed to new replies.