Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SDG Falcon saddle
  • NormalMan

Anyone tried one?

I’m looking for a replacement for my Charge Spoon and saw the Falcon in the latest Mag.

I know a saddle is a real personal preference thing but as an example, the Spoon was fine but I never got on with a Bel Air.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’ve a falcon and a bel air they’re both nice & comfy you won’t be disappointed .

They come as std equip on most Oranges .

NormalMan

Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else?

chestrockwell

Got one on my Orange. They’re ok but take a bit of getting used to and are not as comfy as the Spoon IMO.

NormalMan

Thanks.

I’m tempted with the ti-alloy one as I can get it at a decent price plus it is the colour scheme I’m looking for!(how shallow)

My Spoon has a nasty dent in the padding now thanks to a slight misjudgement and a small branch / saddle interaction!

luke0912
    Free Member

I had one on my orange couldnt get use to it at all really uncomftable, gone back to a spoon.

NormalMan

Out of interest, is it the shape? The padding?
    When you mention it not being comfortable.

My issue with the Bel Air was that it seemed too short, as if I was always perched off the back.

I’d go with the Spoon again but as mentioned I’m vain and the colour isn’t available now!

I’ve got the stock Cotic one on at present. A tad narrow and a bit boring to look at but the couple of rides I’ve done on it have been comfy. It has one of those cut outs in the base that the Spoon doesn’t have.

chestrockwell

The Falcon is not short. I’m getting used to mine now so it’s fine, made me sore at first though. I got on with the Spoon straight out of the packet. Worth a go for sure at the right price.

NormalMan

Thanks again.

OK, order submitted. Hopefully it’ll be comfy. I’ll keep you posted.

RustySpanner

I got one of the ti ones from Merlin a while back.

Like a Spoon, but better padding, slot in the base and no stitching.
    The shape & length are pretty much identical.

I think it’s ‘designed to be similar’ rather than a rehash of the same chassis.

Only picked it up because I needed something quickly, but I really like it.
    Not quite as comfy as a Bel-Air but more give and better cover/padding than a Spoon.

luke0912
    Free Member

The shape just didnt seem to fit for me just felt awkward, maybe i just didnt give it long enough. I knew how good the spoons were as i has one before and at the price is so good didnt wait long.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SDG Falcon saddle’ is closed to new replies.